Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

NEXT UPDATE - Genjutsu (!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is some suggestions that i got from wikipedia.

Magen: Niju Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu (Demonic Illusion: Double False Surroundings Technique) This jutsu places another illusion on top of a previous illusion created by the user. If and when the target dispels the first illusion, they will not realize that a second is in place.

Suzu Senbon no Genkaku (Illusion Bell Needles) Kin Tsuchi can use this technique with her specially designed bells. By attaching the bells to senbon (throwing needles) and throwing them at her target, she can get them to dodge and subsequently ignore the bells. Additionally, the target may believe the bells are actually designed to lull them into a false sense of security. In actuality, she has strings attached to the bells, which allows her to ring them. The bells ring at a certain frequency, which directly affects the brain. This causes her target to see multiple copies of herself, making it impossible to tell the real one from the illusions. Additionally, the target loses their motor skills with continued exposure to the ringing. I don't know if this is actually a genjutsu but wiki said it was.

!!!!SPOILER!!!!
Some techniques from Narutimate 2 and 3.

Suzu: Kiri (Illusion: Mist) Kurenai creates an illusionary clone that charges towards the enemy, jumps, and then explodes in a cloud of cherry blossom petals. From Narutimate 3.

Ninpo: Hyakka Ryoran (Ninja Art: Profusing of Flowers) Ino casts an illusion that paralyzes the enemy, causing them to see a storm of cherry blossoms. From Narutimate 2.

Tsukuyomi: Kuroyume (Moon Reader: Black Dream) Itachi traps the enemy in a Tsukuyomi illusion, causing them to see the ground beneath their feet break open, plummeting them into a huge chasm. The torment ends when a column of fire slams them into the pit. From Narutimate 2.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magen is actually a pretty good idea, the bells are extremely unlikely and the rest are either already there, there's too many techniques like them or I don't like the idea.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One small suggestion that came to my mind:

Some kind of "charm person" jutsu, able to affect only creatures with few HD.

This would be the jutsu that Kisame/Itachi (Most likely Itachi) used to charm an inocent girl to "distract" Jiraya while they searched for Naruto.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Saimin no Jutsu ;p

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my... It seems that you have already worked on every single possible idea of Genjutsu... You are a true hero for trying to create more 38... Or a madman =P

But now, something that is probably new: some kind of technique to take control of a Bunshin or similar creature. Or at least, turn it back against the user. The Bunshins are immune to mind affecting effects if i recall correctly, but this particular Genjutsu would affect the creator's mind, not the clone's, interfering with any control estabilished.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one. I'll see what I can do.

Naruto d20 Store
Feanor
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a genjutsu similar to Maze or Scintillating Pattern spell?
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Copy Technique:

A genjutsu designed to mimc another ninjutsu seen. Will save to reduce the damage, since only part of the jutsu is actually a jutsu, the rest is made up in the opponent's mind. But if they don't disbelieve it, they take full damage (See Shadow Evocation)

Poison of the soul:

A genjutsu, designed to make the body react, as though poison passes through your veins. If they fail the will save, they must make a fort save or take ability damage, of a mental type determined by the user.
XeloX
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Another genjutsus Reply with quote

A new ideas:First a technique, fantasm ,maybe dotojutsu, working on a one person. When you use it, the target of a technique is certain, that he is fighting with someone beloved to him, for example with his mother or lover. The point is, that it's not an illusion. The target simply is sure that his opponents are his beloved ones. This is giving two options:
1. The user of genjutsu could seduce target,for example suddenly affirming that he is a friend of a target and use it to his own purposes.By the ?his own purposes? I understand for example disarming opponent or taking some curious information?s or even for example after disarming kill the unaware target.
2. The second option is simply to attack the target of genjutsu which bear a major damage to his psychic because of thinking that his beloved ones wants to kill him.
Second idea is a phantasm: the target of it is certain, that the opponent has used the kage bunshin no jutsu. The bunshins existing only intarget's head, but he is so certain about their existence that he can touch and take damage from them (just like in other genjutsu?s; the damage is not real so is not lethal {stamina damage?}). The main advantage of this technique is the bunshins exist only in targets head so the user of the technique can create very big amount of them.
The third idea is based on ?Vampire: the Masquerade?. It's quite powerful. All persons spending close to user of genjutsu feels a very strong respect to him. It's depends on his character and on adjustment of targets, that what they feal - a fright or an admiration. This feeling is that strong that all of targets must make a will save every time they wan to disobey the user.
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i found more genjutsu techniques. These are from the bird country filler arc. And they are kind of odd and powerful. And are copy off techniques from Nagare of the Watari Clan of nomads.

Hiru Masshou: Bouka no Jutsu (Erasing the Day, Attack Prevention Technique) The person is able to absorb aspects of rocks where he is going to be attacked and prevents the damage. And seems to break what ever weapon he attacked it with.

Douka Sanseki: Seisha (Assimilated Rock Technique) like Nikudan Sensha except the person is as hard as a rock and is a rolling rock. His arms and legs don't seem to go into his body.

Another is the person turns into a rock to hide

Also some that is assimilated for Gaara: Ryuusa Bakuryuu, Sabaku Kyuu, Sabaku Sousou, Sabaku Taiso. The sand is grey and called something else that i didn't catch.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... guys? GENJUTSU ONLY. There are other threads like this.

As for the rest, I'll be looking into it when I start writing. Keep the genjutsu suggestions coming!

Last edited by Frankto on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the once i put down Kakashi basically pointed out that all those techniques were just illusions that were very realistic and he actually couldn't control sand.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah? Somehow, I doubt that. When I can confirm that, I'll see about it.

kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my other ones didn't make it, so I'll try some other ideas.

What about a genjutsu that makes it look like all of the enemies attacks are completely futile, demoralizing them. The more they attack, the higher their fear escalates too. (ie. shurikens whiz by your head, even if they really hit you, fires don't appear to burn you, and you pretty much look like you walk right past anything they can throw at you)

Or one where the subject spaces out. For X (probably only a few) amount of rounds, the character takes no actions. Then when it comes too, it has no recollection of anything happening. They must make a second will save, or be dazed for another round.

Or a genjutsu that makes the subject forget how to perform a technique. It doesn't realize it doesn't know until it tries to perform it, and nothing happens.

Last edited by kp91 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do so. I would like to get the information right for once. i think it was episodes 160 something to like 168.

EDIT: I think the actual techniques are episode 165 to 168 though.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kp, that first and second one are rather interesting, I'll see what I can do.

Whitefire, yeah, that explains why I didn't find them. I was looking at episode 180-200

Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an idea awhile back, about a legendary ninjutsu user who in reality was a genjutsu user so good he made you think he was a ninjutsu user.

Maybe a technique that allows you to trick the target into thinking you can use ninjutsu a rank or two higher than your normal. I would imagine you would only be able to pretend to use jutsu that the target knew the effects of or he could imagine them. That way his mind can actually make the pain real.

Through the same technique you could probably convince someone you had a massive chakra pool too. If they fail the save anyways.
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there already a technique like that? Not sure, and I can'T be bothered to check anymore.

Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hell's element. Makes the target think you are throwing balls of energy at them.
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More suggestions for Genjutsu techniques:

Unseen Presence = Allows the user to appear dull, unworthy of recognition. Others automatically avert their gaze as the user passes by. People unconsciously to avoid contact with the user. Penalties to Spot Checks, and a Will save if they detect the Genjutsu.

Dread Gaze = Doujutsu that causes someone to flee in terror for a determined number of rounds, will save negate.

Vanishing from Mind's Eye = Upgrade to Unseen Presence, can vanish and be forgotten in front of people unless a Will save is made.

Entrancement = Genjutsu that can sway a group of people to become willing servants to the user. Will save to negate.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep them coming. I'll get to writing when the motivation comes. There won't be an update this weekend, sorry guys.

Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking along the lines of being able to fake any technique the target knew but, hell's element has the basic concept.

Heres a few more random ideas:

A jutsu that messes up the targets nerves, when they try to move their left hand the move their right instead, or maybe their foot. Negs to most actions for duration

A jutsu that makes the target think you are a friend from their past they have not seen for several years. Improves attitude to friendly.

Hope they aren't already made too lol.
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two are. The first isn't a genjutsu.

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more:

A)Some kind of Genjutsu that makes the target see all people he had killed before (Or even the ones which he didn't kill, but feel responsible for their deaths in some way). This technique would not affect a person that never killed a person before. I'd say stamina/nonlethal damage each round until the victim realizes that the dead people attacking are only illusions (Will Save).

B)A special technique to make any kind of animal (And only animals)to go completally Berserk, attacking everything (With bonuses similar to barbarian rage) until it kills every single living being on sight, dies, or the technique ends (1 round per level, possibly). This technique would be very usefull against shinobi that relies on animal compannions, and even usefull for those Shinobi to unleash the rage of their AC on enemies. And a small suggestion here, giving animal compannions bonuses (I'd say +4) to resist this technique, since most of them have very low Will and would never succeed on their saves.

C) A technique to make the enemy believe that the user has some kind of big and menacing weapon, while the user only has a small or no weapon at all. If the victim failed the will saving throw, his brain will believe that the body is being hit with far more strength than it really is, adding 1d4 or 1d6 stamina/nonlethal damage on each physical attack received from the user of this technique.
Naruto d20 Store
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversion technique: disables the target to use any techniques having the concentration component (makes someone like feeling a constant tickeling) (this could be used for two genjutsus, a simple one, that involves concentration checks and a better one, that is not to be avoided by concentrating).

Deaden technique: deadens the targets feelings for his surroundings, like: penalties to balance, dexterity, speed, but a bonus to strength, because of the felt numbness. possibly inability to form seals (sleight of hand DC: Perform DC), as the result of a slighter desorientation. and what about taking 1 stamina damage on every attack action the user takes (only meaning here melee or ranged combat) as the target tends to overuse his muscles.

last idea is a technique that stops the target from using his chakra, he can only use techniques he has specialized or mastered (he still can use it, but he cannot feel his own chakra anymore). And why can he then still use the specced or mastered techniques? because he is used to the chakra usage of this techniques the user simply uses this techniques with less thoughts about what he is doing.

hope these are all new ideas Smile

Last edited by Infinitus on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto, what about a genjutsu that works like Mirror of Heaven and Earth, but doesn't require sharingan. Letting you use your opponents genjutsu against them.
SPAWN
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ideas for 2 genjutsu. Both of them are Doujutsu
First of them works like sunburst tag but only for one opponent. The user choice one opponent and use genjutsu on it then the target must make Fortitude save ( DC gen. lvl. + fis. Mod. + 10 ) or be blinded for 2d4 rounds.

Second is slowing genjutsu. The target must make Will save or suffer ? rank speeds

*Edit*
Next Idea
Mirror reflection. The user choice one opponent and use on it that genjutsu without seals and half seals. Target must make Will save or hi will think that the user stand in different square ( players choice ) the target will miss his next attack and the user will gain attack of opportunity on him
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viladin, aren't those powers from Vampire: the Masquerade? Just worrying about copyright infringement.

-Jiraiya
lychnis
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a good idea will be moving illusions? Rules like normal illusions (opponent must check if it's real or not). It could be new technique used on existing illusion to make them move or simply separate illusion which is moving.
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Arch. I'm sure we could renamed them :p
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: