Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

NEXT UPDATE - Genjutsu (!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: NEXT UPDATE - Genjutsu (!!!) Reply with quote

For the next update, I need at least 38 viable suggestions for new genjutsu. 6 of them need to be Hijutsu, and 4 of them need to be Kinjutsu.

If you have an idea from another anime, another system (D&D, for example) that would make a fine Genjutsu, then it can help.

Please don't post links, images, videos and such.

Thank you!
Genjutsu: 7/28
Hijutsu: 4/6
Kinjutsu: 2/4

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am; edited 6 times in total
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had thought of making a technique that resembles Ban Midou's "Evil Eye" or, Jagan. A minute long genjutsu (doujutsu) technique that can only be used up to a max of 3 times in a day. From the Get-Backers anime.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fair choice, duly noted. Get Backers was awesome. Seriously.

Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. All the characters have their unique style and flair.
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give more suggestions later, but what i came up with:

Normal Genjutsus:

Kori Shinchuu no Jutsu - Sly Mind Affect Technique

Kori Shinchuu no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique which causes the target to travel around in circles. If the ninja is unable to detect the illusion very quickly, they can become exhausted mentally and physically when they are unable to reach their desired target by traveling along the same path over and over.

My suggestion in rules: targets that fail their will saves are unnable to leave a determined (Large) area for X amount of time.

Hijutsus:

Itachi's unnamed Genjutsu:

(He used this technique on his fight against Naruto).
This unnamed Genjutsu technique is utilized by Akatsuki member Uchiha Itachi. Itachi will start this technique by using only one finger on his right hand. His target does not have to look into his eyes, a glance at the hand itself will be enough. Once inside the illusion, he can control the visions the ninja sees. This illusion can also be used to play on the fears of the target, causing them to see and hear those who they care about degrade them.

My suggestion in rules:
Some kind of fear and/or rage technique.

Kurenai's Flower Petal Escape (In fact, unnamed technique used by her on one of the fillers)

This unnamed flower petal technique is a Genjutsu utilized by the Leaf Jounin Yuuhi Kurenai. If Kurenai comes under attack, she can use this technique to cover her escape. After forming the needed hand seals, Kurenai's body will disperse into a shower of flower petals. These petals will confuse and distract her opponent while she escapes or hides.

My suggestion in rules:
The target(s) of this Genjutsu must succeed a will saving throw. All those that failed will believe that the user disappeared on a shower of petals, allowing the user a free hide check even while observed.

Kurenai's Flower Petal Dissolve (In fact, another unnamed technique used by Kurenai, anime only)

This unnamed flower petal technique is a Genjutsu utilized by the Leaf Jounin Yuuhi Kurenai. If Kurenai becomes trapped in a Genjutsu or wants to appear to be trapped she can disperse into a shower of flower petals. With this technique these petals will fly around and consume her targets, dissolving their bodies away.

My suggestion in rules: This technique could be some sort of follow up to Flower Petal Escape. After succesfully using said technique, the user could use Flower's Petal Dissolve to make the targets believe that their bodies are being dissolved, with some nasty consequence (Uncounsiousness, etc).

PS: Those two are different from Sakura no Yume and Sakuragenzou.

Magen ? Jigoku Gouka no Jutsu - Demonic Illusion ? Hell Fire Technique

Technique used by the main villain of a filler episode, Akadou Yoroi (Yeah, the same from Kabuto's false team). Jigoku Gouka no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique that causes its target to see a vision of fire. After Yoroi forms the needed handseals, a huge ball of fire will descend from the sky to envelope his target. The victims of the genjutsu will believe they are being engulfed by a torrent of fire and flee their location for safety.

My suggestion in rules:

Improved version of Magen - Jigoku Tenshi, but restricted to fire damage.
XeloX
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see an anime called "Basilisk"? There was a character named Oboro, she had one interesting technique: if someone looked in her eyes, he can not use any of his powers. I think it could be a god idea for dotojutsu. What do you think about it?
Next idea from the same anime is based on powers od another character, Gennosuke. His technique was also based on sight. For example: when you look in his eyes and want to attack him, you attack not Gennosuke but yorselfself.

Last edited by XeloX on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XeloX, that seems rather powerful. I'll give it some thought.

Keldon, I used the Flower Petal Escape and the Sly Mind Affect with my own names, I might use Itachi's Genjutsu, but meh. I'm not too motivated at the moment ;p

Jigoku Gouka is already there, under the name of Jigoku Kouka -- Hell's Descent.

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... That's ok. But i'm a Determined Genius, i won''t give up so fast Twisted Evil

Mateki ? Mugen Onsa - Demon Flute ? Illusion Tune Chains

Mateki ~ Mugen Onsa is a Genjutsu techinque utilized by the Sound ninja Tayuya. To use this illusion she needs to enter her cursed seal level two form. When she plays the music for this illusion on her flute, her opponent's mind enters a barren wasteland. While in this illusion the ninja feels retrained by chains which bind the user as their skin and muscle begins to melt off their bones. Because they feel restrained in the illusion, they are retrained in real life as well.

My suggestion:
For as long as the user concentrates, the target, on a failed will saving throw, will remain restrained and receiving some stamina damage.

Kurama Clan String Bean Bind (Unnamed filler technique)

This technique was used by a clan of Genjutsu users from Konohagakure on a filler episode (Which i can't recall right now).

This unnamed String Bean Bind is a Genjutsu technique user by the Kurama Clan. After forming the needed handseals, the target will see bean vines grow from the ground. These vines will snake and wind all around the victims body, lifting them into the air. A bean pod will raise and open to reveal the clan member with weapon in hand ready to strike. A skilled Genjutsu user can reverse the technique and escape its effects.

My suggestion: Some way to bind a opponent that failed the saving throw and hit the helpless target soon after.

Also, since the Kurama clan is said to be an once powerfull clan of Genjutsu users from Konoha, you could use their name on many (Original) techniques as "Kurama clan Hijutsu" or something like that.

Kasumi Juusha no Jutsu - Mist Servant Technique

Kasumi Juusha no Jutsu is a Genjutsu techinque that creates false attackers to delay and confuse the enemy. Though these servants are not real, the actual ninja is able to remain hidden and throw kunai and shuriken matching the movements of the servants. This makes it appear the false servants are capable of attacking. When the enemy attempts to attack the servant, they will merely disrupt the servants illusion body but not destroy it.

This is the technique used by that team of Genjutsu users on the Chuunin exams to create an army of ilusionary clones. Even if this technique is similar to some sort of Bunshin, it is stated as Genjutsu.

My suggestion: Can't really think of anything usefull here...

Last edited by Keldon_Draconian on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
XeloX
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trick, this time from anime ?Tenjou tenge?. There was very fat girl, but she could compress her body to slim shape. The advantage of this was that she could hide quite a lot of weapon in gathers of her skin. I think it could be a good idea for Ahimichi hijutsu.
And last of my ideas - one hijutsu and one Kinjutsu for Nara clan. They're inspired by the on of the disciplines from Vampire: Mascarade. The user of the hijutsu technique can walk into the shadow and walk out from other shadow. The distance could depend on amount of used chakra. : When someone is captured by kage mane, the member of Nara clan can use this technique. His opponent stars drowning in a shadow and when he completely go down he's got captured in ?shadow dimension? controlled by the user of this technique.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small advice here XeloX, the techniques must fit in the "Genjutsu" category, i guess.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to use the Kurama bind or the Mist servant, but the other illusion could be good with a bit of tinkering.

And folks, please keep this thread to GENJUTSU ONLY. Thanks for pointing it out before I got the chance, Keldon.

I also welcome original submission, though leafninja is fine too ;p Ninja

Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a good idea would be a lower ranked version of an already existing genjutsu...Like opening up a pit into the fiery bowels of the earth below a single target (there's a genjutsu that sort of does that to an area already, I thought) and closing up again after a few rounds, dealing good dmg if the target hadn't managed to get out beforehand.

And...I dunno if it exists, but a technique to inspire a powerful fear effect on the target by making the user seem a lot larger, and making the target seem like he/she's smaller...add in a booming voice and glaring eyes...mm, goodness Razz.

And...er...I'll get to thinking of more Razz.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More ideas:

A larger version of the Mind Lapse:
Mental Regression - Causes the target to behave 'backwards', redoing his last turn but backwards. And make it empowerable to prolong the effect, having the target regressing back further. At the end of the technique, the target should be disoriented for the next round, as he/she comes to his/her senses.
(Thus, if the target moved 20ft. forward and then attack someone last turn, then he will attack again (regardless of whether the target is there or not) and move 20ft. back)

And:
Mirage of Affliction - The user makes a touch attack that, if it hits, causes the target to believe rot and decay travels quickly up his body. Should deal a healthy amount of nonlethal damage, or maybe be able to use on specific bodyparts, making the target think the bodypart is dead, making it unusable for him/her for the duration.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Determined Genius back to work:

1) (Unnamed) - Some technique to awake the target's inner evil or inner good, exchanging any Evil Alegiance to Good, or the opposite. Some exchanges could also be possible:
Good - Evil
Friends - Self or
Friends - Power

And so on.

2 ) (Unnamed) - A technique that shows the target the moment of his/her own death. The user can't really know what the target saw, and the vision showed might become true or not, but it is only one possible future of many possibilities.

Suggestion in rules:
Some wisdom damage and a MAS check. In rules, a much weaker version of Tsukiyomi.

3) Kuji-kiri technique - A great ideia i just had. Many legendary ninja (And even Dungeons and Dragons ninja) are said to have some kind of hipnosis ability known as kuji kiri. IMHO, it fits perfectly on ND20. The ninja starts some kind of distracting movements with his/her hands, while the true hipnotic abilty come from the user's eyes.

Suggestion in rules:
Doujutsu version of the Hypnosis spell from Player's Handbook. Greater versions could exist (Affecting more HD's).

4) (Unnamed ilusionary counter attack) - This technique is only avaliable to very skilled Genjutsu users. This technique can be used only at the very moment between when the enemy finishes the hand seals necessary for any kind of offensive Ninjutsu technique aimed at the user and the moment when this technique strikes the user. Using Genjutsu skills, the user stares at the enemy's eyes. If the technique is successfull, the enemy thinks that his technique failed, and was reflected back to him! His body does not receive any real damage, but his mind does not know that, creating a severe impact on his body that can knock him.

Suggestion in rules: A high-level technique that can be used only as an instanct action (With the same ECL and Perform restrictions as Tobikiri Kawarimi no Jutsu) against a identified Ninjutsu technique with the Hand Seals component. The enemy must succeed at a Will Save, or will take the same amount of damage his technique would cause but as nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage.

EDIT:

More...

5) (Unnamed Contingent Trigger)

This technique is usually cast upon an enemy in order to prevent him from using his most powerfull abilities. When this technique is used, a trigger is created inside the user's mind to prevent him from doing a particular action. If the user tries to resist the trigger, he should be prepared to endure a lot of pain.

Suggestion: If the target fails on a will saving throw, he won't be able to do a particular kind of action (Attack, Move, use a specific technique, etc) for as long as the trigger lasts. If the target tries to do that specific action even under the effect of the Genjutsu, he must succeed at a will saving throw. Even if he succeeds, he receives XDY points of damage
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Kuji-kiri already covered in the Sharingan?
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I think it is Viable, but someone helped me out in making Chakra Tsukare no Jutsu (Chakra Fatigue Technique) an illusion that makes the opponent feel as if they are suffering from Chakra Depletion. I was thinking of putting it with the Fujiwara Clan as a Doujutsu related technique.

Other poissible Ideas:

Hau Hada no Jutsu(Crawling/Creeping Skin Technique) - makes the target feel as if millions of worms, or other things are moving under their skin, possibly a visual effect of things ripping through and crawling out of their skin.

Magen - Tetsu Otome (Demonic Illusion - The Iron Maiden) - Makes the target seem as if they are strapped down in darkness as hundreds of spikes impale them.

I'll think of more, but let me know if any of them are any good ideas.

Fuhai Nikutai no Jutsu (Decaying Flesh Technique)- never mind, Athildur already had the idea, heh ^_^;

Magen - Ikari no Akuma (Demonic Illusion - Satan's wrath) - I'm not sure of an effect, I just liked the name.

Ishi Teashi no Jutsu (Stone Limbs Technique) - makes the target believe that his body is slowly stiffening and turning to Stone.

Torikago no Jutsu (Birdcage Technique) - makes the target believe they are trapped in a strong Iron cage.

Vertigo Technique (was unsure of the Japanese equivalent) - Makes the target feel as if they are several hundreds of feet in the air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix_Zyphros:

It's a very different concept, IMHO.
For more information, take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuji-kiri

There's also a version on the 3.0 book Sword and Fist (Or something like that) and some D20 Rokugan Book.

Dokuga Kazu:

There's already a technique with a name too similar to Ishi no Teashi.
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torikakomu Teki no Jutsu (surrounding Enemy Technique) - Makes the targt confuse his allies with that of his enemies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Felix_Zyphros:

It's a very different concept, IMHO.
For more information, take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuji-kiri

There's also a version on the 3.0 book Sword and Fist (Or something like that) and some D20 Rokugan Book.

Dokuga Kazu:

There's already a technique with a name too similar to Ishi no Teashi.

meh, I'll think of a new name, the bigger question is, is the technique Viable
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BushidoPoet wrote:
<head explodes>

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but seriously, please let me come up with japanese translations or names at all.

Tfuture
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps a variant on Orochimaru's little world creation thingo he uses for the soul ritual?

or

a genjutsu which "multplies items" similar to how bushin multiplies the user.. but items for example exploding tags or something like that
Ryuugan
Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you could create variants of the shougenzou, jougenzou and kangenzou genjutsu techniques which would allow you to affect, attended objects so that they appear to be something else, or change actual people.

Another idea is for a genjutsu which nullifies sound in an area, tricking all who are affected into believing they cant hear anything. or you could do the reverse in which all outside of xft radius cant up to xft radius cant hear anything.

you could also create a variant of the spell Mislead from DnD, the one where you create an illusion of yourself that acts as you want, while you remain invisible for the duration, a bit powerfull I know, but you could have it lower rank to offset its power so it can be more easily identified and countered.

another genjutsu in which you are able to change the room or say a 20ft radius into another setting (works better indoors like in a room).
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i am unfamiliar with *all* of the techniques (at least i know some) i hope these do not exist:

<insert some name here> - target believes that only he exists (everyone else turns invisible for him)

Amnesia - does what the name says to the target

i agree on the vertigo thingy, but two versions, one single targeted, and one area genjutsu:
target(s) should believe he/they is/are falling, so he/they is/are prone Smile
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Infinitus wrote:
as i am unfamiliar with *all* of the techniques (at least i know some) i hope these do not exist:

<insert some name here> - target believes that only he exists (everyone else turns invisible for him)

Amnesia - does what the name says to the target

i agree on the vertigo thingy, but two versions, one single targeted, and one area genjutsu:
target(s) should believe he/they is/are falling, so he/they is/are prone Smile

wel, I thank you for liking my technique. I am horrible with names, but I tried lol.
The effect is supposed to make them feel as if they are standing on a high cliff or some other area really high up. I was thinking a fear aspect, but those work too.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a genjutsu user that I was trying to make a technique for. I thought of one, but right before the game had to be ended. The basics of it were, instead of making the opponent think they were harmed, you would use it on your own team mates. It would make them thing wounds had been healed, numbed pain, ect. so that they could fight as if better. I was thinking it would give temporary hit points to those affected.
Feanor
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i am a new member of the forum. I hope i can help with sume suggestions ^^.

---------------------------------------------------------
Shikumi no Jutsu (Death Foreseeing Technique)

Paralyzes the foe by showing them a vision of their own gruesome death. In addition to the paralysis, the enemy is overwhelmed with fear, and can suffer severe mental stress.

Mechanic: If the target fail in the saving throw, it will be paralysed for 1d3 rounds, frightened for 1d6 rounds after the paralysis and will suffer 1d4 wisdom damage.

Even will if the target succeed in the saving throw, it will be Shaken for 1d6 rounds.

------------------------------------------------------------
Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu (False Surroundings Technique)
C- Rank

This jutsu changes the appearance of a nearby object or area.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Kori Shinchū no Jutsu (Sly Mind Affect Technique)
C- Rank

This jutsu causes the enemy to walk around in circles for hours by making it seem as if they're walking straight to their desired destination. The enemy eventually becomes exhausted after traveling the same path over and over.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur

The size/fear technique is nice, used it. Also did the fiery pits one, but it's not low level ;p

Keldon
The first one is a big nay. The second one is already in there, though I forgot the name.

The third is actually a really good idea but for a very different reason. Enter Majutsu! Kek.

As for the fourth, a ninjutsu version of Kyouten Chiten would be kinda nice actually. Maybe.

I did something similar to the fifth unknowingly, but that's actually a nice idea. Also Maybe.

That's as far as I've gotten, working on more.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuga_Kazu
Did the Limbs of Stone one, or my version of it, and the Vertigo technique.

Ryuugan
I did the mislead thing. Also the hallucinatory terrain thing.

Feanor
Already there, just done and already done.

Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is off tpoic, but.... why wont my background on the board change?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you on about?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: