Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Final Fantasy d20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will also have a 4th Edition conversion when the books come out.

TT_TT

(Yeah, i'm one of those who liked 3ed more than 4ed)
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Quote:

TT_TT

Haha, you can't dislike something that's not even out yet, Keldon!

I can almost guarantee that it's going to be way better than 3rd edition.
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sure, there are things that we didn't see yet... But most of the things they showed so far were enough for me to dislike it... "Healing Waves" (Is this a MMORPG? Is this neverwinter/diablo where you rest before each encounter?), major retcons on classic settings (Such as Faerun) just to throw Dragonborn and other new elements on the middle of the scenario (A spellplague destroyed 2 or 3 of my favourite regions just for dragonborns to step in!), ilogical change to races (Dwarves lost their darkvision, which means that every single book Salvatore wrote about dwarves will now become lies; Elves than worship Gruumsh, elven sub-races that changed names to "Eladrin"... Something way too... "fairy", IMHO), rules for death/dying (It seems that every single character, be it a frail wizard, a tough barbarian, a small goblin or a huge dragon has the same 5% chance to wake up after being reduced to -1 or less hit points! Is this saint seiya?)

Those who enjoy 3rd edition will have paizo as support from now on. http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG (They intend to continue the 3rd edition, and they already released a beta of their core rulebook, i suggest you all to take a look. I liked it). For those who don't know, Paizo was responsible for Dragon Magazine, which means that they are a company experienced enough to create good material for DnD.

Anyway, this has already been discussed in other threads, and i don't want to mess with your FFD20 thread by throwing the discussion about 4ed here. So far i hate 4ed and prefer 3ed, but i respect the opinion of those who prefer 4ed (Most people, it seems).

But now, about Final Fantasy D20. Even if i don't post too often around here, i have already read your FFD20 a few times and i liked it. I think you did a fine job on reproducing the "Final Fantasy feeling" on your game. And it is supposed to work with any FF setting, this is the best part. Most FF<-->D20 conversions usually take into account a single game.

Keep the good job!
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Quote:

Sure, there are things that we didn't see yet... But most of the things they showed so far were enough for me to dislike it... "Healing Waves" (Is this a MMORPG? Is this neverwinter/diablo where you rest before each encounter?), major retcons on classic settings (Such as Faerun) just to throw Dragonborn and other new elements on the middle of the scenario (A spellplague destroyed 2 or 3 of my favourite regions just for dragonborns to step in!), ilogical change to races (Dwarves lost their darkvision, which means that every single book Salvatore wrote about dwarves will now become lies; Elves than worship Gruumsh, elven sub-races that changed names to "Eladrin"... Something way too... "fairy", IMHO), rules for death/dying (It seems that every single character, be it a frail wizard, a tough barbarian, a small goblin or a huge dragon has the same 5% chance to wake up after being reduced to -1 or less hit points! Is this saint seiya?)

Those who enjoy 3rd edition will have paizo as support from now on. http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG (They intend to continue the 3rd edition, and they already released a beta of their core rulebook, i suggest you all to take a look. I liked it). For those who don't know, Paizo was responsible for Dragon Magazine, which means that they are a company experienced enough to create good material for DnD.

Anyway, this has already been discussed in other threads, and i don't want to mess with your FFD20 thread by throwing the discussion about 4ed here. So far i hate 4ed and prefer 3ed, but i respect the opinion of those who prefer 4ed (Most people, it seems).

But now, about Final Fantasy D20. Even if i don't post too often around here, i have already read your FFD20 a few times and i liked it. I think you did a fine job on reproducing the "Final Fantasy feeling" on your game. And it is supposed to work with any FF setting, this is the best part. Most FF<-->D20 conversions usually take into account a single game.

Keep the good job!

Thank you Smile I plan to continue updating for 3.5 even if I make a 4th edition conversion for FFd20.
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Keldon.

Also, with new updates from you, any chance the testing will try to start again? We never got to play a game.
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kp91 wrote:
Have to agree with Keldon.

Also, with new updates from you, any chance the testing will try to start again? We never got to play a game.

I probably want to start playtesting after I finish the Monster Compendium.
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump so this don't die.
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viladin wrote:
Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Quote:

TT_TT

How much were you willing to bet?
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

IntOblivion
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fair to try to place a bet after the fact's been proved... tsk.
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/dance.

Btw, Felix. I concede to you. I don't like 4th edition that much :p
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...did this die? 2 years old but, me and my group have been looking fora good ffd20 system for a while now, is this our diamond in the rough?
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their are the basic rules for 3.5e games, but their has yet to be a monster manual. My friend and I like the game, but thats just us

Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
so...did this die? 2 years old but, me and my group have been looking fora good ffd20 system for a while now, is this our diamond in the rough?

I'm pretty much on hiatus nowadays. I work on the monster compendium when I have time. Although, most of the updates I do, are on my forums.
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see now...what forums may those be?
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
i see now...what forums may those be?

Click on the link in my signature. Wink
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major update: In case some of you don't visit my forums, I have reposted all the new changes in the first post.
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update Thread

Instead of flooding a thread with post updates, I'll just edit this post with any changes or updates and the date.

01/01/11 - Recreated the Summoner prestige class. Renamed Geomancer to Elemental Fist Disciple and created a more FFT-friendly Geomancer prestige class.

01/02/11 - Created Bandersnatch and Cerberus entries for Bestiary.
01/02/11 - Added new equipment (Accessories) to the Miscellaneous section.

01/03/11 - Created Mandragora entry for Bestiary. Made a ton of minor edits as well. Also toned down some of the races.

01/04/11 - Created Wendigo entry for Bestiary. Made a big change to starting HPs for the base classes under the Miscellaneous section.
01/04/11 - Created Paradigm Shifter prestige class. (Even though, I did not like FF13 all too much.)

01/05/11- Created 6 more feats (Armored Mage - Leather/Chain/Plate and Armored Thief - Leather/Chain/Plate). Gave Red Mage and Blue Mage the Doublecast ability.
01/05/11 - Created Behemoth and Zuu entries for Bestiary.

01/06/11 - Created Death penalties for.. uh.. dying. See miscellaneous section (Sorry, not much to update today, was particularly busy)

01/08/11 - Finished Armor and Weapons list, including new FF-related weapons.

01/11/11 - Created the Magicite Knight prestige class.

01/12/11 - Created Flan entry for Bestiary.

01/13/11 - Minor updates on the classes, changed 1 MP spell ability from once per day to 3/day. Added Gunblade Expertise feat.

01/16/11 - Started a FFd20 Playtest/Adventure. Updated Beastmaster base class to allow a Chocobo companion and tone down some bonuses from other animal companions.

01/18/11 - Added a Blue Mage Spell List, added Blue Mage Spells to the Spell Descriptions, changed all Healing spells that required Touch to Close Range, and changed any single target damage spell that didn't have a saving throw to Ranged Touch.

01/20/11 - Added a new prestige class, Scholar. Removed the Limit Break limitation of being usable at 50%, but only one Limit Break can be used once per day. Made minor updates to all the base classes and prestige classes.

01/24/11 - Added a new prestige class, Green Mage. Finished tweaking Magical Items (Accessories), added a link. Nerfed Marksman's BAB progression. Upgraded Bard song's duration to 1 round per four bard class levels.

01/25/11 - Added a new prestige class, Puppetmaster.

01/29/11 - Updated main book with all the changes.

02/01/11 - Added a new prestige class, Dancer. Added Clear Mind ability for Bards. Minor edits on spells/songs. Updated main book with recent changes.

02/06/11 - Editing of Knight base class and Summoner prestige class. 02/06/11 - New/Revised Feats: Augmented Aeon Summoning, Dodge, Extend Berserk, Extend Song, Extra Berserk, Extra Inspiration, Flying Kick, Improved Aura, Lingering Inspiration, Mental Toughness, Precision Attack, and Toughness.
02/06/11 - New/Revised Skills: Acrobatics (Dex) now replaces Balance/Jump/Tumble. Perception (Wis) now replaces Listen/Spot. Stealth (Dex) now replaces Hide/Move Silently.
02/06/11 - Main book is updated (now including a Table of Contents).
02/06/11 - Majorly toned down the amount of MXP needed to level a materia.

02/14/11 - Changed Acrobatics to only replace Balance and Tumble. Added a new skill, Athletics, which replaces Climb, Jump, and Swim. Added Repair skill as a class skill for Al Bhed. Minor nerf to Galkan War Pick damage.

02/21/11 - Major changes: Changed the Class Bonus to AC, Changed how Critical Hits work. Added Combat Facing and Armor as Damage Reduction Variant Rule from Unearthed Arcana. Added a little depth to shields. Changed some of the Chocobo Knight's abilities as well as Fighter's Limit Break.

04/05/11 - Been awhile since I last updated. Minor changes to White Mage's Limit Break (Healing Wind) and Marksman's Limit Break (Trueshot Aura). Added new equipment for mages (Power Rod and Power Staff) that deal ranged elemental damage.

04/21/11 - Added a new prestige class, Dragon Disciple. Most of the 1st level spells have been changed from 1d4 to 1d6 and 3rd level spells went from 3d8 to 3d6. All the limit breaks got slightly reworded to make sure any limit break that has a duration to last at least 1 round. Added an additional use for Spellcraft. Can use Spellcraft to detect magical auras in an object (DC 20), 1 minute, can retry. Also added a new ability for Monks at level 20.

04/22/11 - Added another new prestige class, Onyx Magister.

04/25/11 - Changed Blue Mage from an Intelligence class to a Charisma class. Seems to fit the Blue Mage more accurately. Lowered some of the level requirements of the abilities and added a new lvl 20 Blue Mage ability.

Last edited by Viladin on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is curious, got a playtest game via play-by-post on rpol.net. http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=44908&date=1295230718
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anyone but the group I'm running that came from here reads this thread, but here are the other updates Razz

----------------

05/04/11 - Added three new creatures to the Bestiary (Corrosive Spider, Kobolds, and Faceless) based off my FFd20 Playtest. Created the FFd20 Monster Compendium book. Added a new prestige class: Diamond Magister. Added a new race: Dwarf (finally). Made updates to the main book.

05/05/11 - Major changes: Fighter and Thief classes got a rewrite. Minor changes to Bard, Beastmaster, Black Mage, Knight, Red Mage, and White Mage classes.

05/08/11 - More major changes: Red Mage class got a rewrite and their own spell list. Summoner prestige class requirements lessen.

05/09/11 - And more major changes: Bard class also got a rewrite. Minor change to Red Mage's skills and Black/White mages regaining bonus feats. Ruby Magister prestige class created.

05/14/11 - Last big class change: I've decided to change the Summoner prestige class into a base class. Red Mage's convert ability got a slight change (nerf). Extra MP feat changed (and stole copied from Tesla's FF1). New accessories for those Charisma casters. Changed how Fury Ring work with the new Fighter berserk changes.

06/05/11 - I lied, more changes. I've also decided to change the Engineer prestige class into a base class. Bards' limit breaks got a minor make-over. And the mediator prestige class is now a bard-based prestige class.

06/26/11 - Another major change: Monk loses bonus feats but gain Ki Powers. Knights get an alternative class change feature, allowing them to continue as a Holy Knight or a Dark Knight. Removed all Spells Known list for all spellcasters. Spellcasters must now either find or purchase spells (except Blue Mages and Summoners). Added 3 new white mage spells.

11/3/2011 - Red Mage: Nerf the amount of Convert uses to equal 3 + Cha Mod and removed the improved versions of Convert. 5:1 is fine as it is. Dark/Holy Knights are no longer subsidiaries of the Knight class. They are now their own Base Class and to reflect such, each got a minor change. Monk's martial arts ability is now based on monk level and not at specific monk level (I know that doesn't make sense, just read it.) Now Monk PrCs gain the benefits of increased unarmed strike damage and critical hit threat range. Monk's Capstone ability changed for the better, gaining a +2 strength/dexterity/wisdom. Engineer's Automaton changed to reflect the changes in Animal Companions.

11/4/2011 - Major update: Fighter and Beastmaster got a major overhaul. Blue Mage's limit break changed. Engineer got a major overhaul as well.

11/5/2011 - Minor update: Changed/updated some of the Fighter's and Monk's abilities.

11/6/2011 - Minor update: Dark Knight/Holy Knight got a couple of revisions. Berserker, Geomancer, Mystic Knight, and Ruby Magister prestige classes got a few changes.

11/8/2011 - Major update: Chemist base class created.

11/9/2011 - Major update: Chocobo Knight base class created.

11/13/2011 - Minor update: Updated the website with the changes.

11/17/2011 - Major update: Updated the website for Weapons, Armor, Materia, and Goods and Services.

1/19/2012 - Minor update: Finished the Alchemical Item list for Chemists and those who took the Craft Alchemical Item feat. And reworked the Thief base class. It seemed lackluster compared to the other classes.

1/22/2012 - Blue Mage upgraded from d4 to d6 hit points. Fighter's Reliable Strike got upgraded from once per day every 5 levels to 3 + Constitution modifier per day.

1/27/2012 - Monk base class's Ki system got reworked. Ninja prestige class got an overhaul, adopting Monk's Ki system. Chemist got a minor change to their discoveries. White Mage's Holy Burst nerfed down to 15 foot radius.

1/28/2012 - Skald prestige class created (Skyrim themed Bard prestige class). And a slight Fighter nerf that noone will care cuz noone reads this anyways.

2/3/2012 - Materia section revamped and added new Summon Materia.

2/8/2012 - Azure Magister renamed to Sapphire Magister and Beastmaster got another overhaul.

2/9/2012 - Updated the website with the new changes as well as added new feats for Monks, Dark Knights, and Holy Knights. Changed the accessories that grant the Toughness feat to grant a static amount of HPs instead. Drop some prices for accessories.

2/20/2012 - Minor change to Mastercrafted weapons. The bonus to weapons also ignores damage reduction.

2/22/2012 - Major changes to Bard and Summoner base classes. As well as slight changes to bard prestige classes (Dancer, Mediator, and Skald).

4/4/2012 - Minor changes to all the FF races and added three new ones (Aegyl, Gria, and Seeq). I have dropped all the negative stats.

4/10/2012 - Minor HP change to Archer and Gunner base class, upgraded to d8's. The FFd20 main book pdf updated with all the new changes.

9/3/2012 - Changed the Materia Proficiency feat. Reduced Galka's speed to 20 feet. Monk's Aurablast was changed.

9/9/2012 - Major update: Archer class got a minor overhaul. Beastmaster's natural weaponry got tweaked and lowered to 1st level. Added two new feats (Improved Deadly Aim and Supreme Deadly Aim). Added Thievery skill to replace Open Locks and Sleight of Hand. Added Greatbow to the weapon section.

9/27/2012 - Minor update: Archer's 5th and 10th level abilities changed from Deadly Aim and Improved Precise Shot to Rapid Shot and Manyshot. Gunner's 5th and 10th level abilities changed from Rapid Shot and Manyshot to Double Tap and Burst Fire. The modern feats will be put in the Feat Section.

9/30/2012 - Major update: Bard got an overhaul as well as bard songs. Knight got a minor overhaul. Working on Black/White Mage next as well as spells. Finished with a minor overhaul on Black and White mage classes. Will have spells eventually done over the week.

10/2/2012 - Major update: Engineer got a massive overhaul and Knight got tweaked again.

10/3/2012 - Minor update: Minor overhauls were applied to Holy Knight and Dark Knight. Minor adjustments were made to Bard and Knight.

10/4/2012 - Minor update: Salvage removed from feats, added to Engineer class as a class feature.

10/5/2012 - Minor update: Minor changes to Skald prestige class, and major overhaul to Judge Magister prestige class.

10/6/2012 - Minor update: Changes to the Beastmaster's natural weapons to a feral fighting style. Minor nerf to Beastmaster's trip bonus from Wolf companion. Added new rage power. Changed Blue Mage back to an Int caster. White Mage talents changed.

10/8/2012 - Minor update: Number of Materia slots for Armor has changed. Listed here: http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/Materia.pdf
As usual, check the PDFs in the PDF section of the website to see the updated material. I will usually update the website with the changes within a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: