Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Bloodlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this better than the current system?
Yes!
74%
 74%  [ 63 ]
Not really
25%
 25%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 85

Ryuugan
Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean you 'gain all abilities up to level X' by taking a level in the bloodline.

Lets say I was a level 8 character and I took 2 levels in the intermediate bloodline. Would I then gain all abilities listed on the table up to level 20? Or would I gain all abilities up to my current level and gain more as I progress thereafter?
DLDarkFire
Chuunin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get the abilities at the level listed, hence the reason for listing the level. If you take a level in the bloodline, it allows you to gain the benefits listed upon gaining a level (this also works retroactively.) Eventually you'll have to take another level in the bloodline if it calls for it (like Major.) For the first few levels you don't have to spend any levels to gain the benefits, but when you hit, say lvl 5, you can choose to use a spend a level in the bloodline (taking the place of a level exp and EL-wise but not counting for techs, HD or such) to continue gaining the benefits of the bloodline.

When running a game, I prefer the title "Game Ordinace Director."
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! It'll take a little getting used to for me, but it seems like a sound investment.
Nice work. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vargarf
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading again the new bloodline system a question came to my mind. Why would I care to chose the Minor instead of the Intermediate progression?
It seems like that for the same cost (a feat and a level) I have nearly doubled the benefits of Minor, with Intermediate bloodline at, for example, 6th - 8th level.
So what about adding some prerequisites to the Intermediate and Major progressions?
For example, lets say Soushi Clan Bloodline, with an ECL +3:
Bloodline Prerequisites:
Minor: None
Intermediate: Int 13
Major: Int 13, Genius Nin
Just an idea. What do you think? Confused
Edit: All this is assuming that Frankto will split each bloodline into minor, intermediate, and major. If that's true, oh dude, you have a lot of work to do... Surprised , but again this is nothing for an experimented seaman like you!
"True!--nervous--very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? ... I heard all things in the heavens and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad?"
Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart

Last edited by vargarf on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because minor has no XP penalty. If you take no level in your Minor bloodline, you gain abilities for free.

If you take no level in your Intermediate bloodline, you'll suffer a 10% XP penalty at 5th and 15% at 12th, or 10% at 5th, 15% at 10th and 20% at 15th if you have an Intermediate or Major Bloodline. I'll see for the requirements.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
vargarf
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fair enough, but are the XP penalties something you just recently added or where do they come from? Am I missing something maybe?, because I read the file again and there was no such thing as a XP penalty...
"True!--nervous--very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? ... I heard all things in the heavens and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad?"
Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would be a new thing. And imho, that works perfectly Smile. I'm assuming you'll get to see it soon enough, once the t's have been crossed, and the i's have been dotted. (yeh, I know ' isn't for plural, but screw it, otherwise it just looks silly Razz)
vargarf
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yes, it may work. And what will happen to the bloodlines that have an ECL adjustment beyond +3?
Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After putting the new bloodline system in the main file, i'd suggest making the Aburame clan as a "Template" instead of bloodline. They are not bloodline shinobi at all in the series, and with this system, their abilities would better fit into a template, IMHO. Like the Moujou Aishou for example. A feat that grants the "bug controling" template and abilities, the same way as the Moujou Aishou feat grants the companion (And LA).
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
After putting the new bloodline system in the main file, i'd suggest making the Aburame clan as a "Template" instead of bloodline. They are not bloodline shinobi at all in the series, and with this system, their abilities would better fit into a template, IMHO. Like the Moujou Aishou for example. A feat that grants the "bug controling" template and abilities, the same way as the Moujou Aishou feat grants the companion (And LA).

It seems like it would work similarly as bloodlines. Like someone who takes Major would gain more bugs than someone who took Minor.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. If i recall correctly, Frankto said templates (Satetsu, Moujou Aishou, Bearer of Shukaku, Ghastly Inheritance, Ripper, Cursed Seal) are not part of the new bloodline system. Most of those have abilities gained by level (Ghastly Inheritance and Moujou Aishou for example) like your example of the Aburame clan. So, they would still retain the LA.

My suggestion would be to consider Aburame clan part of the "templates" and not "bloodlines".
Hitsen
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I'm going to sound like a complete moron, but I have to ask because I'm just not getting it.

So, if I was a Hyuuga and I was about to reach level 4, I could-
A- Go to level 4
B- Stay level 3 and gain a Bloodline trait at level 1
C- Stay level 3 and Gain a Bloodline trait at Level 3
D- Go to level 4 AND gain a bloodline trait at Level... whatever....

And say I have a level in my bloodline and I take another level. Do I get the abilities of level 2? I really don't understand what your saying Frankto when you said:

Quote:
If you take 1 level in the minor bloodline, you gain abilities all the way to level 20. If you take 1 in intermediate or major, it's 13th and 10th, 2 would be 20th and 15th, and 3 levels in a major bloodline is 20th level.

...sorry for me not being smart. >.<
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitsen wrote:
Ugh, I'm going to sound like a complete moron, but I have to ask because I'm just not getting it.

A- Go to level 4

And say I have a level in my bloodline and I take another level. Do I get the abilities of level 2? I really don't understand what your saying Frankto when you said:

Quote:
If you take 1 level in the minor bloodline, you gain abilities all the way to level 20. If you take 1 in intermediate or major, it's 13th and 10th, 2 would be 20th and 15th, and 3 levels in a major bloodline is 20th level.

Using your example (Hyuugas are intermediate bloodline, so they have bloodline abilities from levels 1-5 for free, 6-12 for taking 1 bloodline level, and 13-20 for taking two); you would go to level 4 and gain appropiate bloodline ability for it if any. Same when you'd go to level 5. When you'd be about to go to level 6 you'd have two choices:

1. Take an normal level, suffer 10% penalty to XP and gain no further bloodline abilities untill you get a bloodline level.

2. Take an bloodline level, reciving neither hp/skills/etc nor bloodline ability, but opening bloodline abilities for levels 6-12 (note that you'd still count as level 5 character, so you'd need to get another level to get hyuuga bloodline abilities of 6th level, assuming that there are any)
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
Hitsen
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Ok! Now I understand. Ok, see, that's kind of cool.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mis-voted, so mine is really a "Yes".

And will you put all the bloodline into this system?
cause if not, then we should keep the old one.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All bloodlines wll be transferred, but not templates (i.e bearer of shukaku, ghastly inheratance, and such stuff). BTW pool doesn't matter anyomore - it has been already decided that new system will be used, and several bloodlines are already done.
Lord Cruentus
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks
DotonLizard
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hastur wrote:
Hitsen wrote:

A- Go to level 4

Quote:

Using your example (Hyuugas are intermediate bloodline, so they have bloodline abilities from levels 1-5 for free, 6-12 for taking 1 bloodline level, and 13-20 for taking two); you would go to level 4 and gain appropiate bloodline ability for it if any. Same when you'd go to level 5. When you'd be about to go to level 6 you'd have two choices:

1. Take an normal level, suffer 10% penalty to XP and gain no further bloodline abilities untill you get a bloodline level.

2. Take an bloodline level, reciving neither hp/skills/etc nor bloodline ability, but opening bloodline abilities for levels 6-12 (note that you'd still count as level 5 character, so you'd need to get another level to get hyuuga bloodline abilities of 6th level, assuming that there are any)

So if i opened up that lvl 6-12 thing im still level five right? Do i have to gain the exp to get to lvl 6 again? or do i gain the ammount to become lvl 7 but only be level 6?
Naruto d20 Store
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DotonLizard wrote:
So if i opened up that lvl 6-12 thing im still level five right? Do i have to gain the exp to get to lvl 6 again? or do i gain the ammount to become lvl 7 but only be level 6?

You can treat "bloodline level" as if it was level adjustment. So you count as if having Character Level (CL) 5 for purposes of learning techniques, strength of techniques, bloodline abilities, etc. but an Effective Character Level (ECL) 6 for purposes of gaining exp. (So you need experience as if for level 7, but you will only count as an level 6 character once you level up)
DotonLizard
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet thanks! Razz
Ryuugan
Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question, how do you determine the proper level for a character who takes an intermediate bloodline who took the 2 bloodline levels for higher level campaigns say level 14?

Would he count as a level 16 character when you construct him? or Will he only be level 12? Because technically the bloodline levels can be bought of with like 2-3000 exp right? By taking the bloodline level once at 2nd and again when you gain another 1000 exp for level 2 again you just buy it off?

Or is it two levels bought so your level is simply 12 compared to the others who are level 14?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fuck's sake people, this is even more damned simple than the LA. You GAIN A LEVEL in the bloodline. If you're LEVEL THIRTEEN and you GAIN A LEVEL, what level are you? That's right.

Read the god damn thread.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
mjorkk
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it, much better than the old static ECL system, it allows bloodline users to progress at a normal speed, but still forceds them to ballance themselves out if they want the more advanced aspects of the bloodline(balanced), and it makes the abilities of the bloodline grow with the character(flavorfull), and allows for more charactercostomization (Fun.) It's Ballanced, characterfull and Fun. The only thing, I would change is increasing their CR with bloodline levels, because that would make fighting badass opponents with badass bloodlines be no more benificial exp-wise than fighting badass opponents without badass blooslines, despite the former clearley being harder.
dlaurindo
Chuunin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read all posts and the pdf... the question is... if i have the sharingan eye, and im at lvl 1, when a gain a lvl, i can became a lvl 1/ bloodline (intermediate)1?? or ai can only 'buy' lvls in bloodline advanced at lvl 5??

lets supose im lvl 4(total) with intermediate my advance could be lvl 1 class, lvl2 (1st bloodline), lvl 3 (2nd bloodline), and lvl 4 (2nd class)???
IntOblivion
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you mean like this:

Uchiha dude with Sharingan:

2 Fast Hero/2 Bloodline level(Sharingan)/1 Strong Hero

Then, yes. However, I don't think it's possible to have more than one bloodline, unless you acquire Satetsu, which is rather a template.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy bloodline levels any time you want, but if you don't buy one after stated level (so after level 6 in cease of minor for example) you'll suffer penalties.
dlaurindo
Chuunin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... its a player's decision, but about xp...

lvl 10 total -> lvl 8 class and lvl 2 sharingan(aquired in lvl 2 and 3)
used 3000 xp

the same player
lvl 10 total -> lvl 8 class and lvl 2 sharingan(aquired in lvl 6 and 8)
used 12000 xp

its ok, or like unfair??

and where we can see this several bloodlines already modified??
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlaurindo wrote:
ok... its a player's decision, but about xp...

lvl 10 total -> lvl 8 class and lvl 2 sharingan(aquired in lvl 2 and 3)
used 3000 xp

the same player
lvl 10 total -> lvl 8 class and lvl 2 sharingan(aquired in lvl 6 and 8)
used 12000 xp

its ok, or like unfair??

and where we can see this several bloodlines already modified??

@xp - uh what? in the situation you showed they both will need same xp to get to that level, I don't understand what are you talking about.

@bloodlines - short answer is that you most likely can't see them. Only Frankto has them, and he shows it only some people. You'll have to wait untill they ar officially released.
Ryuugan
Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's referring to the fact that he bought off 2 bloodlines for only 3000 exp, while in the other scenerio, 12000 exp was used to buy off 2 bloodline levels.

In this case it doesnt matter because a level is a level regardless. Besides when you buy a bloodline level at low levels you dont see much benefit while your allies get stronger in vast comparison to you who just sits at his level power. When your higher level and buy off a bloodline level, you will see a noticable difference, allowing you to gain your next level quicker.

When your higher level you can earn exp more quickly then a low level can, so the difference in costs end up being the same.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryuugan wrote:
He's referring to the fact that he bought off 2 bloodlines for only 3000 exp, while in the other scenerio, 12000 exp was used to buy off 2 bloodline levels.

Well buying off LA is an houserule and thus not everyone uses it, so it shouldn't be used in comparison Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: