Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (When I Eat My 1000 Dollars Sundae!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like to see more of?
Techniques
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Classes
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Bloodlines/Templates
42%
 42%  [ 27 ]
Feats/Uses for Skills (Specify)
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
A rule to be fixed/section to be edited (Specify!)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 64

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no epic progression for classes with less than 10 levels. And there's no nice way of saying this, but you're getting on my nerves, DotonLizard.

Calm the hell down. I'm quite irritable these days, and the quality of the forum posts are declining to a degree I find myself not liking.

EDIT: And I hadn't even read the other posts. Yeah, calm the fuck down. Another comment about raptor jesus or someone bouncing on the freakin' walls and I'm going to lock the damn forums down for a week and take a vacation.

I love that people come here and chat, and tell their friends about this place. But don't act like monkeys, damn it.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(SPOILER) (REQUEST)

In the manga Karin uses some Technique combined with her talent for Chakra Sensing to track down people

Request #1: A feat for increasing the Sense Chakra Range (will also maybe work for Bleach with the Spirit Threads) like 25 times

Request #2: A technique to increase the sense chakra range by 40 times (suggested values, end range would be 13 miles for a level 14 char, maybe even feat: 50 times, technique 100 times... that will end up with about 65 miles range...)

Kiba can use his nose better than one of kakashi's ninken

Request #3: Feat/Technique to increase the range of one's scent ability (not that gained through hakken!!) But Kakashi somehow stated that it is a Inuzuka ability... maybe a clan specific feat?
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kiba can use his nose better than one of kakashi's ninken

Request #3: Feat/Technique to increase the range of one's scent ability (not that gained through hakken!!) But Kakashi somehow stated that it is a Inuzuka ability... maybe a clan specific feat?

Smell skill? Never thought much of it, but one of the people I used to play D&D with included a smell skill that was crossclass for everyone but gnomes and half-orcs. It basically gave the benefits of the scent ability, but you had to make skill checks for it to work. Maybe use the same idea, but have scent as the requirement, and the skill allows the range to be increased.
Sacred justice moved my Architect.
I am raised here by divine Omnipotence
Primordial Love and ultimate Intellect.
Only those whose elements time cannot wear
Were made before Me, and beyond time I stand.
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been considering adding a Keen Scent feat (see Shark) for some time. And it's doubtful that I will add something to magnify sense chakra to that degree.

kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, isn't their a dog nose technique. I think that covers the 'skill' the Inuzuka have. Considering to use it, Kiba needed to use a handseal.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karin probably has a special ability/bloodline/template with LA, because no one else is able to do that. But yes, she can sense people and chakra within X miles radius of her.

The keen sense could be usefull, or perhaps a higher level technique (12+) to emulate Kiba's epic tracking nose.
Duck
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know...if it is possible to create a guide for creation of characters to help the beginners ^^

And I want to know if you will do the heroic characters like Sakura, Sasori, Naruto or even Hinata after the time skip, or to be more clearly on the Shipuuden phase.

I hope to be answered^^. Thanks. Surprised
kp91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck wrote:
I want to know...if it is possible to create a guide for creation of characters to help the beginners ^^

And I want to know if you will do the heroic characters like Sakura, Sasori, Naruto or even Hinata after the time skip, or to be more clearly on the Shipuuden phase.

All you need to know to create a character is knowledge of the d20 system. Go to wizards.com/d20 and click Modern SRD.

The characters of the series have already been statted and our in the main file. Hinata TJ really can't be done, as we haven't seen her yet, but I believe all the others have been statted up.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck wrote:

R
T
F
M.
Evil or Very Mad

CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Blink Reply with quote

*Bows to the honorable Frankto*

I've come to make my customary request for the Doton branch of the Mibu clan techniques as well as the "center" attack.

Granted there be much more excitement about it this time since I've actually seen Samurai Deeper Kyo (the show) and if the manga really is much better then I'm very eager to read it.

*Bows again*

May Kami and Jashin smile upon your house.
ser21
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello I am Sergio, and my doubt is on beastmaster and its mascot which cannot learns many of ninjutsu, I saw that I modify myself enough but equal I want to refresh this point I hope to you not to bother. thanks anyway
gaston_hyuuga
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you read this thing and use it to solve some problems in the main file, seriously, OK?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should stop making jutsus and start making some new bloodlines and templates to add more versatility to the character creation, also IMO the creatures you provide in the book need a little review (i.e. the snake, it's too powerful, if orochimaru uses serpents it does not mean that those must be powerful and the rest of the creature no)

the puppeteer advanced class have some mistakes too and you should review the amount of puppets that can be used (ej kankuro uses three puppets when he fights against sasori and one of them is large and two medium ones)
kp91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm sick of dealing with these, I've ignored it on other people too long. You and Sergio both have avatars too large (and oddly the same size), and there is a feat that allows more puppets. Also, ! - more than one or two of those is really annoying.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, phrasing a question nicely is better than just demanding it. Frankto has a lot on his plate, what with real life and editing the Main File of N-D20, and thusly does not always have time to create new things.

Second of all, I think Frankto can accurately judge what is overpowered and what is not, considering he was the one of the founding fathers of the N-D20 system and has had the support and playtesting experience of most of this entire board. If we haven't found anything to complain about on any particular point, then it is relatively unbroken.

Thirdly, Errors and Mistakes should be posted in the thread created for that in the Rules section of the board.

(Directed at poster above Kp)

This rant has been censored by myself, and was originally a lot more colorfully descriptive. Pent-up rage is not the best ingredient for rant material.

Last edited by aviary_fp on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kp91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aviary_fp wrote:
First of all, phrasing a question nicely is better than just demanding it. Frankto has a lot on his plate, what with real life and editing the Main File of N-D20, and thusly does not always have time to create new things.

Second of all, I think Frankto can accurately judge what is overpowered and what is not, considering he was the one of the founding fathers of the N-D20 system and has had the support and playtesting experience of most of this entire board. If we haven't found anything to complain about on any particular point, then it is relatively unbroken.

Thirdly, Errors and Mistakes should be posted in the thread created for that in the Rules section of the board.

(Directed at poster above Kp)

This rant has been censored by myself, and was originally a lot more colorfully descriptive. Pent-up rage is not the best ingredient for rant material.

Above or below was aimed at me? I barely remember posting that, I just had my pent up rage let go just before coming back to the forums to get the stress that comes after off my shoulders.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after having read about the feats chart and read it over again, what about:

scrapping the feats chart and making bookmarks for the feats?
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaston_hyuuga wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you read this thing and use it to solve some problems in the main file, seriously, OK?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should stop making jutsus and start making some new bloodlines and templates to add more versatility to the character creation, also IMO the creatures you provide in the book need a little review (i.e. the snake, it's too powerful, if orochimaru uses serpents it does not mean that those must be powerful and the rest of the creature no)

the puppeteer advanced class have some mistakes too and you should review the amount of puppets that can be used (ej kankuro uses three puppets when he fights against sasori and one of them is large and two medium ones)

And I think you should be smitten. Get the hell out of here, creep. I like my suggestions served nice and smoothly, sometimes with a smile.

Naruto d20 Store
Hitsen
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...

This is me playing Devil's Advocate here (sorry, I do that sometimes), but make sure not to ignore him because he's a rude jackass. I agree with the bloodlines part... because I <3 bloodlines. They are the... cough... roxor. Of course, the part about not making more jutsu is pretty stupid, since half of the coolness is jutsu.

Besides that, sure the Snake is powerful, but who cares. If all the summons were on equal ground, then there would be no difference between taking different pacts. And the Snake is so bloody powerful (Is he really that powerful?) Is because you have to be an evil alignment and they require human sacrifices to use! So, unless your a crappy GM that ignores that part, then they are actually kind of balanced.

So anyone, what did we learn, friends?
Be nice to Frankto, or else he will ban your ass.

*gives Frankto a cookie*
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Manda is pretty damn evil. But demanding human sacrifice does not make one evil. Look at the Aztec gods. They needed human hearts and blood to keep everything in existence.

-Jiraiya
ser21
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to : frankton
It seem out of place you to talk in this way, you should have asked how did he arrive to that conclusion in a first place, because to make that kind of opinion he must have played a lot and playtested the game, am I wrong? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Frankto don't care about negative oppinions, even if you hated the whole system for example. Your friend was banned because of the way he asked (In fact, demanded) those things, not because of what he asked.
IntOblivion
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye. The right way to ask Frankto to do something is NOT to piss him off. Also, not only Frankto gets insulted by questions asked in that way, I do aswell, even if not personally. I get insulted because there are people that, just like me, are members and that they can't show some damn respect! Ask gently and respectfully!

By the way, the greatest thing abot the update's gonna be the Hachimon Tonko Very Happy
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto, Sense Chakra is not available from the Fast Heros deflection talent tree is it? Tell me this is not true, please!
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT! Is the update UP!??

Or are you reading the preview one that some receive?
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Update (When I Eat My 1000 Dollars Sundae!) Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:

Basic Classes:
[*]Sense and Suppress Chakra now a tier 2 talent of all new talent trees

that is what it says
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that only means that it will function as the Smart Nins Strategy Talent Tree... You need to place talents somewhere else first Wink
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, looks like Frankto beat me to the punch and added a mini monster-manual to the Main file Crying or Very sad . Ah well, i'll continue statting up my own creatures for my players horror Twisted Evil .
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless one of the artists that works on the Naruto: D20 project has a Deviantart account named Jakuu, I thinkI may have found a robber: Here. If this person IS a poser, I propose we take action.
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if he/she ripped that... What a bastard.

-Jiraiya
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: