Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Some Kage Buyou related Techniques

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Derp
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Some Kage Buyou related Techniques Reply with quote

I love the Kage Buyou feat, it makes a great combo starter, and it has many applications, but I feel that it is rather under represented in this system currently. Here are a few techniques I created that are related to the kage buyou feat, I hope you like them!

Kage Buyou Rendan? (Shadow Dance Combo?)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Kage Buyou) [B-Rank; Rank 5]
Learn DC: 20; Perform DC: 20; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: C, M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: Fortitude partial; Chakra Cost: 6.
The user is makes an unarmed full-attack action to knock the enemy in the air. Once the user used up all attacks he has in a round, the user gains a bonus Kage Buyou attack against that opponent, at his highest attack bonus.

??? (Body Slam)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Kage Buyou;) [C-Rank; Rank 4]
Learn DC: 17; Perform DC: 17; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
Using this combo follow-up to Kage Buyou, the user grabs the enemy in mid-air and forces them to the ground, hitting them with a violent bodyslam. The opponent will be knocked prone on the ground and the user makes an Asshou! attack against that opponent, at his highest attack bonus. If the user knocked the opponent high enough with Kage Buyou so that it should normally suffer falling damage, the opponent counts as being hit by a large object (The user) falling from the same distance. In addition, the opponent does not get to make a Tumble check or Reflex save to avoid both damages, and the user lands safely on his feet.

??? (Body Slam)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Kage Buyou;) [C-Rank; Rank 3]
Learn DC: 18; Perform DC: 17; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
Using this combo follow-up to Kage Buyou, the user catches a falling opponent with a single, powerful attack. If the opponent was knocked at least 20 feet in the air by Kage Buyou on the user’s previous turn, then he makes a single charge attack as per Ryuutsuki, and the opponent does not get to make a Tumble or Reflex check to avoid falling damage.

I don't really know from Japanese, so I don't have names for them. They're inspired by a combination of Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, a great Naruto Fighting Game, and the sheer coolness of kage buyou, and I wanted to make follow ups to it more accessable to more people. The first one just made sense, adding a Full-attack before a kage buyou, as did the second one (Lots of people Bodyslam in GNT4), and the last one was made solely to emulate the awesomeness that is Sharingan Kakashi's Raikiri Rendan! If you've never seen it, he does a bunch of attacks, knocks the opponent up into the air, and then charges up a Raikiri, peircing the opponent with it as they fall. Sheer Awesomeness!!!
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage Buyou Rendan seems useless, unless I'm missing the point. Kage Buyou already hits the person into the air, and then you combine it with whatever techniques.
Although, I would like to see more combos. I was making statblocks for chuunin exam and realized all the follow ups are Konoha Hijutsu.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ideas.

One of my own:

... (Double Slam)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Asshou!(t)) [C-Rank; Rank 6]
Learn DC: 24; Perform DC: 22; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: C, M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: Fortitude partial; Chakra Cost: 6.

This technique may only be used after the user has sent the target flying into the air with Kage Buyou (or a similar technique), and followed it's path in the air. With a single, powerful attack the user sends the target crashing into the ground, suffering normal attack damage and falling damage as though it was falling from 10ft. higher, with no chance to reduce this damage.
Immediately hereafter, the user follows the target downwards, slamming into it with another attack, which is treated similar to an Asshou! attack.
The user can make no further action after this attack, and must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18) or become Fatigued. This technique cannot be used if the user was already Fatigued.

Edit: If the user misses the first attack, the rest of this technique automatically fails, and the user will suffer standard falling damage after hitting the ground.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage Body Slam
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Asshou!(t), any X Bunshin) [B-Rank; Rank 6]
Learn DC: 25; Perform DC: 25; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: C, M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: Fortitude partial; Chakra Cost: 12.

This technique may only be used after the user has sent the target flying into the air with Kage Buyou (or a similar technique), and followed it's path in the air. With a single, powerful attack the user sends the target crashing into the ground, suffering normal attack damage and falling damage as though it was falling from 10ft. higher, with no chance to reduce this damage.
Immediately hereafter, the user follows the target downwards, slamming into it with another attack, which is treated like an Asshou! attack. In addition, the user can send a corporeal clone of his making to follow his same path, having his opponent double hit. The clone suffers the same penalties he normally has, must have been delayed his initiative count to the user's and should be able to do a full-attack action and be totally aware of the situation (genjutsu or stun effects render it unable to follow the user correctly). If no clone was available before the jutsu performing, the user create a clone on the move, but the jutsu chakra cost and the clone cost cannot be transformed into hp. The clone will then suffer an additional -1 to attack and damage rolls.

The user can make no further action after this attack, and must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18) or become Fatigued, and the clone will dissapear wether it hits or not the target. This technique cannot be used if the user was already Fatigued or if he's under any sort of stun effect.

It just came to my mind.... XD

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an idea, based on Broly's attack on Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, where he throws the opponent on the air (Kage Buyou), then follows the enemy, grabs his head, slams it to the ground and then punches the enemy back a few feet (On the game, something like 300 feet, but for balance issues, it should be... "a few feet" on ND20). Very Happy
Mr. Derp
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eheh, I forgot to add the third one that I was talking about so much! It's the one based off of Kakashi's Raikiri Rendan!

??? (???)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Kage Buyou;) [C-Rank; Rank 3]
Learn DC: 18; Perform DC: 18; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: None; Chakra Cost: 3.
Using this combo follow-up to Kage Buyou, the user catches a falling opponent with a single, powerful attack. If the opponent was knocked at least 20 feet in the air by Kage Buyou on the user’s previous turn, then he makes a single charge attack as per Ryuutsuki, and the opponent does not get to make a Tumble or Reflex check to avoid or reduce falling damage.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD, you've got the whole board on a Kage Buyou kick. Congrats.

Kage Tsurugi Buyou (Shadow Sword Dance)
Taijutsu (Martial Art; Requires Kage Buyou; Proficiency in Chosen Weapon) [C-Rank; Rank 5]
Learn DC: 18; Perform DC: 17; Time: 1 full-attack action; Components: F, M; Range: Melee attack; Target: One creature; Duration: Instantaneous; Saving Throws: Reflex (See Text); Chakra Cost: 6
One of the few follow ups developed for Kage Buyou that utilizes a weapon, after a successful Kage Buyou which the user follows, he may use this technique. The use hits the opponent with his chosen weapon at his highest attack bonus as with a normal attack. If the attack hits, the user spins, weapon still connected to the target, throwing it one direction of the user's choice 1d6x5 feet. The distance stacks with thee height that the Kage Buyou hit the target for falling damage or when hitting objects (although a reflex save will negate the distance of this technique).
This technique can be learned more than once, each time with a different weapons.
Material Focus: One weapon within 1 size category of both the user and the target.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: