Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Multipuppet Fighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zen
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Multipuppet Fighting Reply with quote

From what I understand, you have to split the amount of Hit Dice equally among the puppets.

So, say a Smart Hero 3/Fast Hero 1/Puppeteer 10 animates 4 Small puppets. He has Kugutsu no Jutsu mastered to the fifth step and the Puppeteer Skill, Master Puppeteer. This means that he can control up to 22 HD of puppets. Now, what I'm trying to figure out is, how exactly does Multipuppet Fighting work. From what I can gather each one can 3 more HD, making so each has 8 HD. Plus, each one cost another 6 to animate upon the 5 already being spent upon each to animate then.

Is this correct?
Vanakoji
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it has been a while since I have been on here but I still lurk in the shadows of this forum so I will try and give a answer. (you can read through it but for the most part, I believe you have it right)

First, lets start with the base HD, unless I miss my mark, it equals 1+10(puppeteer lvls)+3(tech mastery)+5(Master Puppeteer)=19HD (I put this because I read your post as it equals 22HD, which you may have included the feat in.)

Second, with 19HD of puppets, you can make 3 puppets at 5HD and 1 at 4HD (Chakra Cost:19, Perform DC:33, (not 100% as to if the rules allow puppets with different HD's or not can they?, I know that is how I play but not sure if that is how it is meant to be done))

Now, with multipuppet fighting added on, you may make 3 puppets at 8HD and 1 at 7HD, (Chakra Cost:19+24(12 extra HDx2 chakra), Perform DC:45) so you can grant EACH puppet 3HD MORE then normal, making the cost of 2x(amount of extra HD) added on instead of just the # of extra HD and increasing the perform DC as normal.
And it was written that no hand but his should wield the Sword held in the Stone, but he did draw it out, like fire in his hand, and his glory did burn the world. Thus did it begin. Thus do we sing his Rebirth. Thus do we sing the beginning.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up - yes you can have puppets with diffrent amount of HD. If you want you can spend those 19 HD to make one 18 HD puppet and one 1 HD puppet.
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
zen
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it is only puppeteer level, I though it was character level. Ok, now I see, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: