Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Some Questions Regarding the File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sidaris
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Some Questions Regarding the File Reply with quote

Hello there! I'm new and will undoubtedly have many more questions, both general, and those of a more rule specific variety. For now I'd appreciate answers to these:

1 - How recent is the setting and rulebook? Are they up to date with the episodes, or up to date with the manga?

2 - What are the differences, besides being able to print one, between the free rulebook and the one you receive via donations?

3 - "Every dollar is worth 1 update of non-restriction, not including correction or last minute changes made since the file was sent, as they do not count as an update." -- What does this mean exactly? In reference to the work you've done that is listed in the Update Summary; do you get a version with these updates continually? Or must you purchase the printable version over again to gain Updates made to the Core System?

4 - Does the printable one have page numbers in the table on contents? Or a different, colored/finished, look?

5 - Do you have a place in the forum to post, or an e-mail to receive, any spelling, grammar, or rule errors that need to be erratad?

Thank you in advance for any time you spend answering these questions. Also thanks to the man responsible for the system, I appreciate the time and effort (heart and soul if you will) that went into fleshing it out and covering the myriad of ninja techniques/classes. All for free too.
Naruto20D20
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Some Questions Regarding the File Reply with quote

Sidaris wrote:
Hello there! I'm new and will undoubtedly have many more questions, both general, and those of a more rule specific variety. For now I'd appreciate answers to these:

1 - How recent is the setting and rulebook? Are they up to date with the episodes, or up to date with the manga?

2 - What are the differences, besides being able to print one, between the free rulebook and the one you receive via donations?

3 - "Every dollar is worth 1 update of non-restriction, not including correction or last minute changes made since the file was sent, as they do not count as an update." -- What does this mean exactly? In reference to the work you've done that is listed in the Update Summary; do you get a version with these updates continually? Or must you purchase the printable version over again to gain Updates made to the Core System?

4 - Does the printable one have page numbers in the table on contents? Or a different, colored/finished, look?

5 - Do you have a place in the forum to post, or an e-mail to receive, any spelling, grammar, or rule errors that need to be erratad?

Thank you in advance for any time you spend answering these questions. Also thanks to the man responsible for the system, I appreciate the time and effort (heart and soul if you will) that went into fleshing it out and covering the myriad of ninja techniques/classes. All for free too.

1) Frankto updates it fairly regularly, and you can find his posts that detail what's coming in the next update in the Suggestions and Requests section of the forums. The newest is here.*

2) I've never checked out the printable version, so I can't answer.
3) -
4) -

5) Yes, and it is greatly appreciated if you help look for these errors! Just post them here.

*Note: Lately Frankto has stated that updates may slow down somewhat, due to the fact he is starting to get out of the house more.

Liberty Prime for President 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Questions Regarding the File Reply with quote

Sidaris wrote:

Well, welcome Sidaris!

Sidaris wrote:

See above post.

Sidaris wrote:

I don't own a printable version, but I'm reasonably certain the answer is "None whatsoever." The printable file is printable. The nonprintable file is not.

Sidaris wrote:

Assuming this is from some thread or informational piece about donating here.
Not exactly sure what you mean, but I am assuming this means that if you donate X dollars, you get the next X updates in printable format. Not including any last minute corrections or changes Frankto might make to the file after it was 'officially' finished. So it's both a yes and a no. Yes, you get updates continually as long as your 'credit' stands. But no, you don't get continual updates indefinately.

Sidaris wrote:

I would say this falls under question 2, right? And again, I don't think so. I don't really imagine Frankto to be the kind of person to leave out page numbers or color or whatever for non-donating members, either.

Sidaris wrote:

Same as with 1, see above post.

Sidaris wrote:

You are welcome, didn't really cost me that much time, anyway.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you print the non-donation one now? I know since Nd20's birthday, when the update came with this feature, I can copy&paste from the file, which I could never do until I got the printable one.

EDIT: Had never tried it before, but just did. Yes, you can print even the file you can download from the site now.
Sidaris
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto20D20:

Thanks for the speedy response and the helpful links. Makes sense you'd be quick to answer; I see that you're on here posting plenty of questions yourself. Something we'll probably have in common.

Athildur:

I know that some of my questions were redundant, but I'd thought I'd include the question to show that I'm interested in knowing if they differ in aesthetics as well as in content.

Thanks for the reply and warm welcome.

kp91:

I haven't tried to print it. I'll attempt to tomorrow, but if it can, I'll assume it's some sort of glitch that Frankto needs to be made aware of so he can rectify it.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, originally you couldn't. I think you have been able to since the anniversary of the creation of the file a couple months back.
Sidaris
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you're correct about being able to print the Main File. I wonder if that's a purposeful new change, or an error.
Naruto20D20
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidaris wrote:
It seems you're correct about being able to print the Main File. I wonder if that's a purposeful new change, or an error.

Yeah, you can print it freely. I believe it is purposeful.

Liberty Prime for President 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: