Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

I am questioning yar motives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Blood shifter: Fair?
YES
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NO
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

Timinoske
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: I am questioning yar motives. Reply with quote

BYAKUGAN:

Tenketsu Sealing (Su): Up to four times per day, the character may activate this ability
as a swift action as long as his Byakugan is active. This ability enables the character to
directly see the chakra coil system of anything it focuses his eyes on.
The tenketsu sealing ability grants the character a +1 bonus to attack rolls made in any
jyuuken stance, and every successful jyuuken attack deals 1 tenketsu damage to the target
unless it succeeds a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ? character's level + character's Wisdom
modifier). On a confirmed critical hit, the jyuuken attack deals 2 tenketsu damage (or 3 if
the character's critical multiplier is x3, 4 if it is x4, and so on).
Tenketsu damage to chakra created constructs and objects does not apply?instead, each
point of tenketsu damage dealt deals 1 point of damage to the target. The ability lasts for
1 round when activated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I have a simple question: What constitutes the fact that it is a once a day ability? A good way to balance it perhaps, but it makes very little sense. Byakugan is underplayed as it is.
+5 at 20th level? That by no means constitutes the level adjustment.

SHARINGAN:

So, for a +2 level adjustment my character gets a +1 bonus to attack and defense at 2nd, +2 to attack and defense at 6th, and so on?
Yes, the sharingan gives several other abilities. But I think you guy's are misunderstanding what a level adjustment is:
A first level Uchiha should be as good as a third level character.
And he is by no means as good as a third level character.
In fact, his ECL is 4 before he even gets a +1 to attack.
Wut?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SATORI:

This bloodline, excuse the vulgarity, is absolute balls.
For a level adjustment of 2 you gain +3 to attacks at 20th level.
No. Simply no. A clan made around swords is slightly better than other people, and even then, a uchiha with higher strength might have the same attack. Bleh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to a bloodline a character in my campaign has that is turning out very well.Im just going to post the specifics.

BLOOD SHIFTER:
Level adjust +4

1st.---
2nd. Blood shift 1
3rd.---
4th.---
5th. Blood shift 2
6th.---
7th.---
8th.---
9th.---
10th. Blood shift 3
11th.---
12th.---
13th.---
14th.---
15th. Blood shift 4
16th.---
17th.---
18th.---
19th.---
20th. Blood shift 5

Blood shift X:

The user can spend a full round action to copy any bloodline within twenty feet. The user can keep this bloodline until he chooses another.
For example, a second level Bloodshifter could copy the Sharingan by walking past a Uchiha. The user can Have one bloodline per shift level.So, for example, at fith level the user could have both the sharingan and byakugan, being able to activate either at will.
At 20th level character could have five bloodlines he could shift through at will.

The user can also use two bloodlines at once. For example, if a fith level shifter activated both sharingan and byakugan, he would gain the bonus from both, but at the same time the chakra cost's would entwine.

Dat's all.
Lord Cruentus
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I am questioning yar motives. Reply with quote

Not reall sure about the 4/day thing but, I think if anything, Byagugan is over-powered. At the 20th lvl, you get:
+5 Defense, Init
High Speed Sight 5
+4 Attack, Reflex
+6 Search, Sense motive, Spot
The ability to see pretty much anywhere and seal Tenketsu
for +2 ECL and a feat.

A 1st lvl Uchiha is not equivelent to a ECL 3. Yes, you could take both bloodline lvl's then, but then you just stupid.

Again, with Satori, you get at the 20th lvl:
Damage Reduction 2/bladed weapons (pretty much)
+2 Defense against bladed weapons
+3 Attack with bladed weapons
+3 Sense Motive
for +2 ECL and a feat.

Killercloud
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodline levels aren't ECL they are an equivalent removal at a later time, It isn't the same however. because one you don't lose it as a first level character, two even if you don't take the level immediately you keep all the abilities from before that level until you do. third it really doesn't equal the same amount of level loss as ECL does because losing one level and stay as an level five character facing level 6/7/8 threats will net you more overall exp and allow you to catch back up.

So this entire commentary on ECL...was a lie. because they have no ECL.

Edit: In before the the Epic Fail

I will have my Vengeance.

Last edited by Killercloud on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cry more. Rolling Eyes

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

RagnarBlackmane
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to address this seriously... or try.

First, a bloodline is special to the person via his blood or heredity, hence bloodline.
Second, that is such a rigged bloodline it's unbelievable. I could pump a bunch of points into my constitution and get Improved Chakra Pool many times, thus giving me more than enough chakra to use 5 different bloodlines. And then, if you use the right bloodlines together, you just made something more uber than SS4 in DBZ.

Ex: Let's say I combine Sharingan, Byakugan, and Red Eyes. Right there, I get a +7 to attack, +12 to defense and initiative, a high speed sight of 13 (not possible), and a multitude of bonuses to my Spot checks and other things. Then, I also can seal tenketsu, use doujutsu to a degree that should only be atained by sharingan and the Uchiha ONLY. Oh, and the giant +4 to STR, DEX, and CON. Hmm... Now let's see... RIGGED!!! And let's not mentioned all that is atained by a mere chakra cost of 2.5 each round. With bonuses like that, all you would need is like four rounds with the right classes and equipment and you just became god.

And of course, this was with the three most obvious bloodlines. If I put some thought into it, I'm sure things could be MUCH worse. So, is it rigged? YES! Should any GM with a decent portion of a brain or greater allow it? Not in any player's wildest dreams.
I laughed at - Zen threads disturbed by him
All the forums - Ranting about him
By: DotonLizard
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken (2+ blood lines, no thanks).
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix_Zyphros wrote:

I lol'd.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: