Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Chitan Ude (Technique Idea)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Third Thousanth
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Chitan Ude (Technique Idea) Reply with quote

So, I have a character with this technique. I was wondering if any of you saw balancing issues or mistakes. As for the Preform and Learn DC's, I'm currently working those out.

In game my character has taken Exotic weapon Proficiency(Tree),
Weapon Focus (Tree), and has three levels in Weapon master(tree).
He has an attack bonus of +16 with tree's, and deals 2D12+6.

Comments or suggestions on the technique?

Chitan Ude (Titans Arm)
Chakra Control
Rank: 9 (A-class) Learn DC: X; Perform DC: X Time: One attack action.
Components: C; Range: Personal Area: None Duration: 2 rounds/level
Saving Throws: None Chakra Cost: 16

This technique originates from the hidden village of leaf. The user surrounds an abject in his own chakra, becoming able to move it without effort, regardless of the objects weight. The technique is activated as the user touches the object and is canceled the moment direct contact stops.
During the duration of this technique the user may lift, move, or swing the desired object as if it was weightless.

Any object that occupies more than a ten foot radius cannot be targeted by this technique. The Object may not be more than one hundred feet tall, and must be stable enough not to fall if moved.

Note:
The user may take the feat weapon focus with a single type of object and only take a -2 penalty to attack instead of the -4 when using the object as an improvised weapon with this technique. Taking exotic weapon proficiency with an object negates all penalties.
Dionon
Chuunin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a pretty cool technique. What's the Learn and Perform DCs... That would go perfectly with my Doton Ninjutsu Master (Currently Level 8 and loving my Rock Dumpling Very Happy and his Genius Nin)

NECRO_POE
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds pretty cool actually, but is that the only way he wields the tree? or is he gigantic and carries a tree around all the time?
Third Thousanth
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NECRO_POE wrote:
that sounds pretty cool actually, but is that the only way he wields the tree? or is he gigantic and carries a tree around all the time?

That's the only way he wields a tree.

Quote:
What's the Learn and Perform DCs

I'm not sure how to figure that out, actually. My GM insists there's a system for it, but I can't find it in the main file.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad a weightless tree doesn't exactly smack people in the face harder than a rather large, fluffy feather.

And if it doesn't become weightless, the technique makes no sense and should be either a technique that increases the user's strength immensely or be a doton technique that affects gravity.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because conservation of momentum goes for everything, except for the Mako in Mass Effect, which defies all laws.

well basically if you were hit by a zero-g tree you still get the full impact, but if you were hit by a tree that has mass 0, you well are not hit at all.
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur wrote:
Too bad a weightless tree doesn't exactly smack people in the face harder than a rather large, fluffy feather.

And if it doesn't become weightless, the technique makes no sense and should be either a technique that increases the user's strength immensely or be a doton technique that affects gravity.

Where in the equation does the bark become fluffy? Shocked
Anyway, I see what you're saying, but the tree does not become weightless.
You can move it as if it were weightless, as the 16 Chakra cost suggests.
But in a technical "How it do" sense, no, I guess it doesn't fit in very well, does it?

But that's a simple matter of finding a way to explain it.
But balance wise, would you say that it is fair?
NECRO_POE
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one love it, its a pretty nice idea
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you train to get exotic weapone feat with a tree? You need a jutsu to be able to swing it. I'm sure you can't train 4 hours a day without suffering from chakra depletion. I find it hilarious but extremely non-ninja.

Theres nothing else to balance here than the concept. You made a technique for you to use a tree as a weapon (?). If your GM says yes, end of story. Other things are secondary.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a system involved, and the information you're looking for is on pages 210 and 211 of the current file.

To answer your question this technique would have a Learn DC of 24 and would require 4 successful checks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: