Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Sleight of Hand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Sleight of Hand Reply with quote

I was just thinking of adding the Sleight of Hand skill in the SPEED in which hand signs can be completed. If the character so chooses he can choose to preform the jutsu quickly enough so his opponent doesn't have the time to identify it by passing a required sleight of hand check against the opponents Spot check. Ff the user wins on the sleight of hand check, the opponent doesn't recieve an identify roll for the jutsu. Thoughts? This would be in addition to its New Use in the latest main file release.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was just thinking of adding the Sleight of Hand skill in the SPEED in which hand signs can be completed. If the character so chooses he can choose to preform the jutsu quickly enough so his opponent doesn't have the time to identify it by passing a required sleight of hand check against the opponents Spot check. Ff the user wins on the sleight of hand check, the opponent doesn't recieve an identify roll for the jutsu. Thoughts? This would be in addition to its New Use in the latest main file release.

Seems like a very nice idea. We already have a Genjutsu that disguise your hand seals, but your idea of performing seals so fast that someone can't see is something that could work, since Sleight of Hands is such an underused skill.

I would do the following: If you try to perform a technique with faster seals to avoid people copying your technique, the perform check would receive a penalty of -5. If you still perform the technique, you make a Sleight of Hand check, opposed by the enemy's Spot check (with a penalty of -1 per 10ft, as standard Spot checks). If you win, he can't identify your technique based on Hand Seals, nor can he Copy it by Ninja Mimicry and stuff (Sharingan gives a bonus to spot checks anyway, it won't be that hard for Uchiha to succeed).

Exception: I think someone under the effect of the Kokoro Wana technique should receive a huge penalty on his Sleight of Hand check to conceal seals (something like -5 to -10), for obvious reason.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already discussed this way back in the day, sleight of hand
(for any use of jutsu) just hides the seals if you succeed versus
a spot check and provided you have some way to hide them.

Jutsus are attack, move, full-round because of the seals they require.
Thats also why we have quicken technique as a feat and prestige class talent (i believe).

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: