Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Portfolio of Prestige: Volume III at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Improving "Sense Chakra" to Karin-like levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumine
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Improving "Sense Chakra" to Karin-like levels Reply with quote

What could be done to actually be a Sensor-Type ninja, like Karin, Ao, Fuu or to track by chakra alone, like Inoichi Imanaka?

Should a Prestige Class be created for this alone, or a series of feats?
Naruto d20 Store
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume Karin's ability is more like a bloodline or innate ability rather than a class.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made a bloodline for it, something like 10+5ft per level that stacks with other chakra sense abilities, with the bonus of actually pinpointing signatures at the cost of 2 chakra per 3 or 4 rounds. Makes being sneaky alot harder...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
lumine
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would assume Karin's ability is more like a bloodline or innate ability rather than a class.

According to the lastest databook, it's a Kinjutsu. Although that biting thing may be a bloodline...

Quote:
We made a bloodline for it, something like 10+5ft per level that stacks with other chakra sense abilities, with the bonus of actually pinpointing signatures at the cost of 2 chakra per 3 or 4 rounds. Makes being sneaky alot harder...

That's kinda nice, but Fuu sensed that Karin ALSO was a Sensor, before she supressed her chakrar... so, besides pinpointing, they could identify as such? I wonder how to to this without giving too much or too little info about the target...
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a kinjutsu, it would probably create a chakra-pattern inside or around the user that could be identified as a sensor-type technique. Even if it's a bloodline that may be the case.

Especially if you're a sensor type, it wouldn't be too strange to be able to identify such things.
CursedLich
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Improving Sense Chakra Reply with quote

To Karin Levels, as you said, is a Kinjutsu. And for some reason, only Karin can use it. Probably one of that various characters in the series with an unique power. Maybe a bloodline that only Karin possess.

But about the other sensors?
Quote:
Should a Prestige Class be created for this alone, or a series of feats?

I guess feats starting with Keen Senses and going on from this should be nice. 2 or 3 feats (after Keen Senses) and maybe an epic feat later to make you one of the bests in the ninja hystory.
streearahi
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never seeing the databook I may be wrong, but in the Narutopedia her ability is called Mind's Eye of the Kagura, and I believe may just be a kinjutsu. So this would be hard to find, and learn, but also keep in mind in the newer issues they go alot more in to sensor types, so there may be a plethora of other ways to have ridiculous chakra sense. Which could open up the possibility of more sensor options in the game.
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man. - "The Man In the High Castle" (Philip K. Dick)
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Karin's sense chakra kinjutsu, or whatever it is, may be the best, with the widest range. But it seems likely that other, perhaps less extreme methods exist than kinjutsu, and if anyone can come up with one I would really love to hear about it. I'm nto good with these things myself, but a character I have is a chakra sensor and I'd like to have more insights into how the range could be expanded, other than gaining levels.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the update summary, you'll see an ability called Remote Sensing.

What this does is break your fingers one by one when you resurrect threads.

It more or less accurately reflects Karin's ability to search for chakra signatures at great distances, but it still needs much work (in the form of training and techniques) to be at the same level.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: