Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Susano'o (Has anyone made it?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyan
Genin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Susano'o (Has anyone made it?) Reply with quote

Hey there. I have been looking through the book and so on but I cant seem to find susano'o anywhere in it. I saw that the creator of naruto d20 or something had made it but not put it in the book itself....So yeah I would like to get my hands on it. xD

If anyone has made a homebrew version of it, it would be awsome if you could like post it here or something ^^
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
It's a question that gets battered about a-lot on these forums, truthfully. However, I don't have Frankto's version of the technique, nor know of anyone other than the big man himself who has it.

Failing that, I can offer you my rendition of the technique? It's not perfect, and certainly needs work, but can be found here: http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4214

Hope this has helped.
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also this version, which someone on the forums, forgot who, made and I did some patch work on it to work it into something of a more appropriate level for a game I was in, still by no means perfect, and probably not as good as the one that TheTrulyAvaricious linked you to

Susano’o
Ninjutsu (Katon; Requires Chakra Control 23 ranks, Ninjutsu 23 ranks, Mangekyo Sharingan (a), and Epic technique (Susano'o) (f)) [Fire, Uchiha Kinjutsu]
Rank: 20 (Epic); Learn DC: 45, 10 successes; Perform Requirements: 28 ranks (DC 50); Time: 1 Full-Round Action; Components: C, Mas; Range: Personal;Target: You; Duration: 1 round/level (D); Saving Throw: None; Chakra Cost: 50

This technique is the pinnacle of Sharingan techniques, only accessed by those who have truly mastered using the Mangekyou Sharingan. More mysterious and powerful even than the deadly Amaterasu, Susano’o is a technique that surrounds the user in the structure of a fearsome being created from chakra, providing both an absolute defense and extremely powerful offense.
This technique has two stages.
First stage:
This stage crates the structure of large ghostly bones around the user, usually consisting only of a spine and some ribs. These formations of chakra help ward the user from harm and deflect incoming attack.
While this stage of the technique is in effect, the user may not making any attack actions, but may perform techniques as normal. During the first stage the user is granted Dr 15/ epic from all physical attacks, as well as Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, Lightning, Acid, Sonic and Wind resistance 10, which does not stack, but rather overlaps existing resistances. user may spend a full round action and 5 chakra that cannot be converted concentrating to advance the formation of the technique, for each round spent more of the skeletal structure appears around the user. After five rounds the full skeleton appears, and the technique advances to the second stage.
Second stage:
At this stage, the full skeleton and muscle structure has formed and it is surrounded by a demonic nimbus of Chakra. Susano'o is a huge creature, his base stats or that of the user, apply all bonuses and penalties from being huge-sized. Susano'o in this stage, has the same hit points as the user adding in the new constitution modifier and it's defense is the users, plus any penalties for being huge sized. While in this form, the user cannot take any actions, other than moving. As full-round action, the user may have Susano'o attack, the attacks count as huge slam attacks, and deal the appropriate damage, and bypass epic damage reduction. Using Susano’o in the second stage puts a great deal of strain on the user’s body, for every round spent in the second stage, the user suffers 1 temporary constitution damage. At the end of the technique, the user becomes exhausted and must make a fortitude save (DC 40) to half the ability damage, any ability damage dealt by this technique takes twice as long to recover, and can kill the user. This technique cannot be enhanced by meta-chakra feats.

Mastery:

Each step of mastery lowers the DC to half the ability damage is decreased by 2 and it increases the damage reduction and the energy resistance granted by Susano’o by 5.

The first step of mastery reduces the time required to manifest the second stage by one round

The Third step of mastery allows the user to designate a weapon for Susano'o which counts as an epic weapon for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction, this increases the chakra cost of the technique by 5 points. The weapon deals damage appropriate of a huge weapon, at no penalty to the user.

The fifth step of mastery lowers the time required to manifest the second stage by another round also, once per day, the user may pay the required chakra, and manifest the second stage of Susano'o as a swift action, however the ability damage is increased by 5.
Ghost
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite some time ago now I wrote the version of the technique that Hito Hyuga adapted above as I felt that just adding size or damage reduction worked better than other verions I'd seen about and wanted to avoid the usual versions that people had used which all wielded the Mirror of Yata and the Sword of Totsuka which I personally preferred as magic items that could be incorporated into Susano'o rather than a part of the technique.

I've adapted and changed my rules for it over time (such as seperating the stages into seperate techniques) and I'm adapting it slowly to follow the manga when the inspiration hits me.

Also Hito thanks for the credit, it warms my heart to see people being inspired by stuff I'd written Very Happy
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost wrote:
Quite some time ago now I wrote the version of the technique that Hito Hyuga adapted above as I felt that just adding size or damage reduction worked better than other verions I'd seen about and wanted to avoid the usual versions that people had used which all wielded the Mirror of Yata and the Sword of Totsuka which I personally preferred as magic items that could be incorporated into Susano'o rather than a part of the technique.

I've adapted and changed my rules for it over time (such as seperating the stages into seperate techniques) and I'm adapting it slowly to follow the manga when the inspiration hits me.

Also Hito thanks for the credit, it warms my heart to see people being inspired by stuff I'd written Very Happy

No problem, I scoured the forums trying to find your original post so I could credit you by name, but I had no luck. Your Susano'o saved me a good few weeks of trial and error. Sadly, my friend did not watch his penalties, he killed the BBEG, and died himself <.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: