Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Strange Cursed Seal Manipulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Strange Cursed Seal Manipulation Reply with quote

I'm sure we all know of Jugo, the only "True Origin" in the Naruto manga/anime. Of course, other than his awesome ability to completely control his "cursed seal", he has the unique ability to shape himself into various things, such as having an axe-like arm to fend-off Suigetsu or even produce what I call Chakra Rockets to deliver a massive, earth-shattering punch to Killer Bee.

Now, where this suggestion is going is basically as system to be able to utilize those kinds of abilities. I just feel that would be something unique to add to the True Origin, now that we have seen more of what they can do.
NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'd say make them Hijutsu with the True Origin feat as a prerequisite. If you start tacking on all kinds of abilities to True Origin, then it would need a level adjustment for balance. With the number/types of abilities that Juugo has demonstrated using the cursed seal above and beyond those of a regular cursed seal, the LA would be re-damn-diculous.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* Or maybe Jugo has a Cursed Seal Warrior class or something or other. It's not that weird a thought.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaCP wrote:
Eh, I'd say make them Hijutsu with the True Origin feat as a prerequisite. If you start tacking on all kinds of abilities to True Origin, then it would need a level adjustment for balance. With the number/types of abilities that Juugo has demonstrated using the cursed seal above and beyond those of a regular cursed seal, the LA would be re-damn-diculous.

That would probably work, given the fact that most of them are utilized like techniques. Given the fact that the Kaguya bone manipulations have been converted to techniques, it would surely make it fairer than trying to deal with those things (as a GM, at least) right from the get-go. I suppose it would take some time to figure out such varied manipulations.

And Athildur, I'd be willing to bet he is a Cursed Warrior. But, the Cursed Warrior doesn't quite address the fact that Jugo can produce Chakra Rockets and other assorted things by manipulating his 'cursed seal' (unless you take into consideration the added damage).

Either way, I just wanted to throw this bit of information out there, since we have seen more of Jugo's abilities lately. So, anyone is free to create techniques for the True Origin.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must clarify, I didn't mean the existing class, but a different class, or possibly a more extensive class of the same type, something that includes being able to manipulate your cursed seal to a more specific and advanced degree.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur wrote:
I must clarify, I didn't mean the existing class, but a different class, or possibly a more extensive class of the same type, something that includes being able to manipulate your cursed seal to a more specific and advanced degree.

Oh. Well, I suppose that could work, too. Possibly similar to the Clan/Bloodline-related classes.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those would work better as techniques, but the Cursed Warrior class already has the "Cursed Strike" ability, who would work like the "rocket fist" used by Juugo (10 more points of damage).
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
I think those would work better as techniques, but the Cursed Warrior class already has the "Cursed Strike" ability, who would work like the "rocket fist" used by Juugo (10 more points of damage).

Yeah, the Cursed Strike is pretty amazing.

I just have no talent with creating techniques, yet. But as I had mentioned above, they would probably work similar to the Kaguya bone manipulation techniques.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: