Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (When I Get MOAR!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Next Update (When I Get MOAR!) Reply with quote

MOAR!

New:

Equipment:
  • Added Mancatcher

Techniques:
  • Bifuu no Jutsu (Zephyr's Wind Technique)
  • Gogyou Ransatsu: Nidan Jutsu (Elemental Destruction: Rank Two Technique)
  • Gogyou Ransatsu: Sandan Jutsu (Elemental Destruction: Rank Three Technique)
  • Gogyou Ransatsu: Shodan Jutsu (Elemental Destruction: Rank One Technique)
  • Gogyou Taigeki: Nidan Jutsu (Elemental Beatdown: Rank Two Technique)
  • Gogyou Taigeki: Sandan Jutsu (Elemental Beatdown: Rank Three Technique)
  • Gogyou Taigeki: Shodan Jutsu (Elemental Beatdown: Rank One Technique)
  • Hyoukaimen no Jutsu (Ice Crusher Technique)
  • Hyourento (Fierce Ice Daggers)
  • Hyourindan no Jutsu (Ice Ring Blast Technique)
  • Reiki (Lay on Hands)

Modifications:

Feats:
  • The meta-chakra cost system was significantly changed. (!!!)

Advanced and Prestige Classes:
  • The Technique Analyst's meta-chakra specialization have undergone some changes. (!!!)

Techniques:
  • The following techniques are now normalized: Kaenhoudan, Raiseidan, Kyokuuheki and Suiseidan no Jutsu have been 'normalized' to 60-ft. cones.
  • The following techniques are now normalized: Kouheki, Kuusetsume, Shinryuudan and Tsunami no Jutsu have been 'normalized' to 40-ft. radius burst in Long range.
  • Gufuudan is now a rank 5 technique.

Enhancement Seal:
  • Minor assassin's deck now gives +1, superior +2.
  • The Armor of Raijin and the Sword of Raijin are now set items archetypes.

Priority Chart:
  • (!) - Important
  • (!!) - Very Important
  • (!!!) - Must Read

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Moar' is in the mail

Also, you need to stop putting out updates on Thursdays, giving me just a day to use new stuff on my players.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You so crazy, Jensik. I'll give you the GM Package if you want. ;p

Mojojo
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I have to say that the last update was sweet. I loved the Exarch, and the empathy learning variant. Being able to develop techniques during a combat gives that anime feeling to the game, that the PC can, using his creativity, experience and effort adapt.

Now my suggestions:

-More "Elemental bloodlines". There are already three earth-based bloodlines, one thunder based and Hyouma, but we lack fire and wind based bloodlines. And that's not even considering Suigetsu - whatever the hell he have.

-Some type of jutsus are more "knowledge-oriented" than others, like medical jutsus, Ninpou:Wana techniques and sealing jutsus, so it would be nice to have some type of book, or training or anything to benefits this theorical study.

-More Utility katons - something like a "cauterize no jutsu" to stop bleeding effects, or a "industrial grade blowtorch - no jutsu" to melt metal (like Tsuuffuuka no jutsu, but faster, better, stronger), or a jutsu to extinguish flames.
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said on facebook, why not a bloodline doujutsu that reveals its true form during the night when the moon is out?

Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Naruto world is emo enough.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah, just because its night based doesn't mean its emo

NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off: AWESOME update. You are The Man. Please continue being The Man.

My suggestions:

If memory serves, puppets haven't gotten any love in a while. The Save DCs on puppet components are dependent on the puppeteer's INT, which is nice, but that only takes you so far. Beating a lot of these DCs becomes trivial at higher levels--especially since a one-level Fast Hero dip or any one of a number of advanced/prestige classes offer access to Evasion.

More "combo" techniques meant to be performed with a summoned creature, like Gamayu Endan, would be cool. IMHO, access to these zazzy, almost tag-team-wrestling-esque moves would add a lot of flavor for summoners and make the option of taking a Blood Pact more appealing.

That's all I got for now.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agrees with the above post. Summons and Puppets need some TLC.

Also, I'd be against a moon-related doujutsu, for the previously stated reason and the fact that there are already too many bloodline doujutsus and no one would take one that only works at a certain time.
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it can only be activated during the night, I said its true form would be seeable at night. It can be activated as normal, but at night it could be used free for say a minute/bloodline+1

EDIT: The idea for the bloodline actually isn't doujutsu based, its just the users have a weird permeation of the eyes that make it seem as though it would be. I'll post the idea of the bloodline later today in the community creations.

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinitus' Shit-Storm of Suggestions:

- add an optional skillsystem like in unearthed arcana.

- maybe change "minion" into a very versatile class (no bonus stuff, Rep, Defense always zero, saving throws all low., bab... mh.), give them a bit more hp, like... d4's
let them multiclass in player classes.
that gives GM's more versatility building weaker opponents, but still have higher levels and more skill points available.

- increase some damage reduction abilities - you can do a shitload of damage, but either you dodge or die, you can never take it; or reduce the damage.

- maybe a rule that lets you spontaneously modify a technique, like a healing jutsu ticking off as "fast healing" with increased perform requirements.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

1- No.

2- Hell no.

3- O_o?

4- This is d20. You could at least think of ideas that are doable. You know that talk we had about making your own system? Yeah, that falls under it.

cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Infinitus wrote:
Infinitus' Shit-Storm of Suggestions:

- add an optional skillsystem like in unearthed arcana.

- maybe change "minion" into a very versatile class (no bonus stuff, Rep, Defense always zero, saving throws all low., bab... mh.), give them a bit more hp, like... d4's
let them multiclass in player classes.
that gives GM's more versatility building weaker opponents, but still have higher levels and more skill points available.

- increase some damage reduction abilities - you can do a shitload of damage, but either you dodge or die, you can never take it; or reduce the damage.

- maybe a rule that lets you spontaneously modify a technique, like a healing jutsu ticking off as "fast healing" with increased perform requirements.

Minion needs all the BAB it can get. I wouldn't use it if it was an NPC class.

Also, the suggested modification is the Exarch's Blessing Special Ability.

As for Damage reduction abilities - I agree with Infinitus. There needs to be more ways to reduce damage against high level characters aside from complete negation or die. Things like more Improved Energy Shields, an Oak Body Technique, etc.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:

are you using nonheroic minions? well, the problem is without breaking rules of not-multiclassing into heroic classes I cannot create high-level ordinary ninjas, the minion class is in some points to weak.

edit: wow, it seems that one of four ideas was a good one Smile thanks for agreeing.

edit2: with ninjas I mean guys who have ninja scout or other prestige classes as additional classes.
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Infinitus wrote:
cmkawasaki wrote:

are you using nonheroic minions? well, the problem is without breaking rules of not-multiclassing into heroic classes I cannot create high-level ordinary ninjas, the minion class is in some points to weak.

edit: wow, it seems that one of four ideas was a good one Smile thanks for agreeing.

edit2: with ninjas I mean guys who have ninja scout or other prestige classes as additional classes.

I'm using Heroic Minions. To be more precise, my minions are deadly as all hell.

NPC and Ordinaries are useful only for the really low levels - to challenge PC's above level 7, usually I find that only other heroic characters can do that (Evasion is one reason, Talents are another.)

Only thing I usually avoid giving minions is instant kill techniques - because with an ambush, it's more effective than a minion should ever be.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mh, I see your point. Useful, but well. Ordinaries are too strong, for what I seek, and minions are too weak (have to few hp) for what I need.

e.g. how would you stat a person, who has learned 10 years to become a mastersmith, was after his father the greatest smith in the country (level > 6), but he was still an ordinary, living an ordinary life.
The players meet him, and he decides becoming a ninja, and goes to their village for ninja training. So he cannot take up any ninja classes... wtf? I mean a 7th ordinary craftsman is in combat far stronger than any thug he might encounter. and taking not enough levels in ordinary classes, there is no way he is a master smith.

In other words, I am disatisfied with the ordinary stuff; it does not work for really ordinary people.
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Seconded! It also made me think. The Sacred Fist could have some "Zen" jutsus, some "mind over body" techniques, like the ability to ignore pain using his high trained mind, quite like a Fakir. Almost all the other non-generic advanced classes, like Living Wire, Puppeter Master, Medical Expert, Samurai... have some "personal" type of jutsu, that they can use better than everyone else, but the Sacred Fist cannot even use stances without losing the bonus of his signature ability.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Infinitus wrote:
Mh, I see your point. Useful, but well. Ordinaries are too strong, for what I seek, and minions are too weak (have to few hp) for what I need.

e.g. how would you stat a person, who has learned 10 years to become a mastersmith, was after his father the greatest smith in the country (level > 6), but he was still an ordinary, living an ordinary life.
The players meet him, and he decides becoming a ninja, and goes to their village for ninja training. So he cannot take up any ninja classes... wtf? I mean a 7th ordinary craftsman is in combat far stronger than any thug he might encounter. and taking not enough levels in ordinary classes, there is no way he is a master smith.

In other words, I am disatisfied with the ordinary stuff; it does not work for really ordinary people.

Simple. There comes a point called 'Conversion' in which I switch a character from being an Ordinary to being a full blown Heroic Character. I retroactively give them all Heroic Talents and feats they were missing up until then.

Also, I rarely use Ordinaries anyways - really, it's not worth it.
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd have to agree that ordinaries arent really worth the time or effort to create. making a heroic npc is just as easy, if maybe a little more time consuming. the challenge it gives the players is more than worth it.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my campaign, I use ordinaries as non-shinobi. This excludes Samurai, Iron Samurai and of course, the High General of the Land of Iron.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summon Tables

Check it out and get back to me, if your brain isn't overcome by the goddamn awesome. It's on page 2, and suggestion to improve them are welcome.

Me, ripping off D&D again? Naw, you crazy.

Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's.... beautiful...
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good.
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good to me.
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a 4-letter word that starts in M and ends in OAR?

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROAM MOAR?

You could add stuff you know.
Well, ideas I have are either to hard to implement or not suited.

Imho to hard to implement or unsuited:
Traits: Advantages / Disadvantages maybe via some point balance? (add genius, bloodlines and stuff here, like bad traits, e.g. something like irascibility)
That would remove too much pressure on focusing to grab feats, though I never thought you have not enough feats. Well, another argument pro could be: every modern game has them in an elaborate way. mh... allergies.

optional rule: due to high damage and low resistance capabilities, maybe XP gain below a certain level might be cut off, like creatures having <party>-5 only give a tenth of the xp, or soemthing like that.

technique counter - if you identify the technique the enemy throws at you/ the group, and you have a way to counter it, e.g water wall, you may counter it and nullify it and lose your next attack action...? that would make fights moar cinematic.

well, now I am waiting again, that someone tells me, that these changes are not fitting.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traits aren't difficult to implement, just a dodgy mechanic in general. You shouldn't need to quantify the benefits or penalties of character quirks. If you as the GM or if your GM feels the need to give away free shit, then it shouldn't be my responsability as the game designer to justify your need to give players free shit. See what I did with archetypes? Just because I have dirty laundry... savvy?

XP below a certain level using the normal XP rules is 0. XP below a certain level using level-independant experience is low enough that you'll need to kill a lot of them to gain a level.

Countering techniques: Ad hoc is. Negating future actions by using them beforehand is poor design and the very reason instant actions were created. If you think the system needs to be more cinematic, then you can get with your GM or as the GM come up with rules of your own. If they're good enough, post them and I might even use them.

Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Summon Tables

Check it out and get back to me, if your brain isn't overcome by the goddamn awesome. It's on page 2, and suggestion to improve them are welcome.

Me, ripping off D&D again? Naw, you crazy.

My mind has officially been blown by the awesomeness @.@
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: