Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

[Campaign] Naruto d20: Beginning of the End

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killercloud
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: [Campaign] Naruto d20: Beginning of the End Reply with quote

Background:
Alternate Timeline

Twenty Years ago the position of Hokage was past down from the legendary God of Shinobi, Hiruzen Sarutobi to the Fourth Hokage, Orochimaru. This was a controversial choice, some felt that the Sannin didn't possess the qualities that made a kage. His competitor for the position, Namikaze Minato delcined the position, when some rebelious elements asked him to revolt. He believed in the Third's choice. This was the first mistake.

Within months Konoha had become embroiled in war, one that became a war of attrition. Angered by the slow progress, the Hokage decided to begin a project, that had become known as CODE: ENDGAME. A genetic manipulation experiment. The success of the project hinged on the power of the village's demon container, a pregnant woman no less. The Hokage had no qualms about it, and had the demon extracted and forced into the very child in her belly, using the genetic experiments that he'd devised, they made the perfect weapon.

The next year saw the child's rapid growth, using the secondary process the young girl was made into a teenager in months. It was almost too little too late, several clans had defected from Konoha, disappearing from the elemental countries. So the four great villages decided to strike when the village was at it's weakest. No one who was in the village survived to tell of the events that happened that night.

Those who were far off enough, are haunted by the destruction caused by the ENDGAME. All they ever talk about is a black winged woman, who burned the ground, the entire general armies of the five great nations were crushed in a night.

Now the world has to deal with the aftermath of the ENDGAME. Entire regions burned to ash, the elemental nations are crippled, and broken. The land no longer congregates as it once did. The Ninja Village system collasped, few ninja still live, and even fewer of higher than Chunin skill. Even the nations themselves have broken down into City-States, rather than true countries.

This is the world you've been thrust into. A world bent on survival, competition, and harsh justice. Each city is a completely different place, and to make things worse, each year dozens of people disappear, leaving orphans all over.

Rumors: (These are common Rumors, they may or may not be true.)

"The Fourth Hokage still lives, and continues experiments to this day."

"The ENDGAME experiment didn't go haywire, this was the plan of the Leaf Ninja."

"Somewhere, a clan of ninja has found an oasis of fertile land in the north."

"The missing Shinobi Clans of Konoha are hiding out preparing to take over the weak elemental nations."

Starting Characters:
Level: 2
Xp: 1000
Point Buy: 30
Starting Age: (Less than 20)
Occupations Disallowed: Clan Occupations, Academy Student.
Equipment:
Weapons: (3 Kunai or 12 Shuriken, and One One-handed Weapon, or a Two-Handed Weapon.)
One Rank Two Technique Scroll
Two Days Food and Water
(Possibly more Equipment later.)
Program: Possiblly IRC
Start date: TBA (Working Date)

I will have my Vengeance.

Last edited by Killercloud on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This sounds awesome. Should I PM you a character sheet? I'll leave you some questions here with a possible character concept.

First: What races are we talking here? Is Trueblooded Human in the mix here?
Second: Wealth system or ryu?
Third: I was considering the 'mentored' occupation. Is there a semi to non relevant jounin he could have been trained by at some point? I was considering him being orphaned on the night ENDGAME crushed everyone. Anywho... character concept here...

Name: Kaizushi
Background: TBD
Skill set: Specializes in shunjutsu and base speed, tracking, and intelligence gathering. With some skills in investigation tactics and forensic evaluation.
Age group: Early to midteens
Affinity: Lightning
Killercloud
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoralizer wrote:
Wow. This sounds awesome. Should I PM you a character sheet? I'll leave you some questions here with a possible character concept.

First: What races are we talking here? Is Trueblooded Human in the mix here?
Second: Wealth system or ryu?
Third: I was considering the 'mentored' occupation. Is there a semi to non relevant jounin he could have been trained by at some point? I was considering him being orphaned on the night ENDGAME crushed everyone. Anywho... character concept here...

Name: Kaizushi
Background: TBD
Skill set: Specializes in shunjutsu and base speed, tracking, and intelligence gathering. With some skills in investigation tactics and forensic evaluation.
Age group: Early to midteens
Affinity: Lightning

Alright, sure you can PM me it, I also have messengers available in my profile if you prefer. Your questions in order:

Races are allowed, as are bloodlines, I may allow templates, but it isn't likely as they are REALLY high power. Wealth System, using d20 apocalypse rules (I need to take a look if there are variants in there again.) Also, I don't want to give the master a rank, but yeah there is a shinobi that is versed enough to teach, and will do so for mentored students.

I will have my Vengeance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we looking at for starting technique's? I know we have the scroll, but is there anything else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: