Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

A reuqest for a GM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djgenxcide
Genin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: A reuqest for a GM! Reply with quote

I have been a long time fan of the Naruto manga (stopped watching the anime before shippudden). I've come across this fantastic Naruto D20 file and website (kudos to the creator and contributors!). I'm hoping to try and find a GM or a player interested in doing GMing.

I'm new to Naruto d20, but not to d20 Modern, 3.0, 3.5, etc. I've seen some fantastic ideas out there, and would love to get involved! Hopefully someone will take pity on this poor soul and we can see what's up. While I always prefer to play a bit higher on the power side of things (I'm originally an old school planar/planescape fan), I'd be more than happy to try just about anything.

Thank you for your time. Smile

PS. As far as schedules go, I'm fairly open. I work Monday through Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm EST, with weekends and holidays off. Smile So please, let me know what's going on!
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep a look out here in Ye Olde Gaming Palace, something will come up eventually.

I've been going back and forth in my head whether or not I'd start a new campaign. I've been in a fairly vindictive mood as of late, however, so if I do it will be fairly brutal.
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a game in the works, though it isn't starting up yet. Waiting on one of the players to finish his character. I am running it on mIRC but using Rpol to store all the information. If you want to look over the rules set for the game here is the link, you wont find the mIRC channel listed in there, you'll be PM'd it if you join the game.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46375&date=1305535552

I'm a fair GM so the game should be enjoyable, but I heavily enforce the rules, for the sake of smooth game play. I do allow players to create their own techniques, however, it must be given the okay by me, of course. If you do decide to join, we've got our front line melee, a puppet user, and a medic so the only thing we really need is a straight up ninjutsu blaster or someone to utilize genjutsu. Secondary option is a support melee character, but the I'm more looking for someone to take up the slack the party has (mostly in Genjutsu)

Edit: I only need one more player, so you'll have to choose quickly as it seem my post here has gathered some interest.

Last edited by Hito Hyuga on Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
djgenxcide
Genin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done a game over mIRC, so I'd probably need some help with that. I've used openRPG in the past.

Is the 36 point buy a straight 1 to 1 over 8, or does it scale like one book or another? And if so, point me in the direction to look and I shall.

I don't have the two supplement Naruto d20 books yet (gotta wait for payday lol), so anything out of them I'd probably need a descrip on. But I love the thought of doing up a starting village!

I forgot one thing. What time are you planning on running? And days?
Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hito, are you using any of my material? If so... there's a little something I might want you to test run for me. ^_^

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djgenxcide wrote:
I have never done a game over mIRC, so I'd probably need some help with that. I've used openRPG in the past.

Is the 36 point buy a straight 1 to 1 over 8, or does it scale like one book or another? And if so, point me in the direction to look and I shall.

I don't have the two supplement Naruto d20 books yet (gotta wait for payday lol), so anything out of them I'd probably need a descrip on. But I love the thought of doing up a starting village!

I forgot one thing. What time are you planning on running? And days?

8-14 1 for 1 15-16 2 for 1 17-18 3 for 1 (I could be wrong, so check the ND20 mainfile search point buy)

We haven't set a date yet, as I'm gonna hold off on starting to get things prepared. When I have it all set I'm gonna check with the players and see when you're available

Also mIRC is easy to figure out, and easy to explain. So that wont be an issue.

Also, in respect for frankto, if you need any information on his supplements that require purchasing you'll have to purchase them. The game wont be starting immediately and things like Way of the Master you wont be using most of the content till later levels (as you'd have to be taught these given the way your village is being formed)

@Mizuno I'll test it, just PM me the material so I can look it over. If it fits or looks like fun I'll give it a go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: