Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Madara Rant....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Madara Rant.... Reply with quote

I refer you to this forum; http://mgsforums.com/topic/7482750/5/#new
Page 5, starts at the 3rd post down between SteelFox (myself) and some idiot named Tsukuyomi.

I hate dumb kid arguments, but this one bugs me especially as it's literally on every Naruto related forum. "Madara is 384987367 years old and a god!"
Despite the fact basic math skills clearly show the timeline (as laid out). Confused

Is he just too dumb for his own good?

Edit: I apologize for forum linking, especially to a non-related forum but it just angers me. Evil or Very Mad

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Madara is about 120 years old, 150 maximum, and he's greatly weakened by <something>.

And yes.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Mizoshu Uchiha
Patience Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it must be impossible for him to be that dumb
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years of experience have taught me different.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, other then names given and slight abilities shown, we still have no prrof that this is 'the' real Madara, for al lwe know Kabuto's final body he popped up could have Been Madara, and that is why it freaked 'Madara' out so much. This isn't what I think, I purposefully don't dote on these things too much, just an idea a friend of mine threw around that kinda made sense.

If this was made impossible due to something that happened that I missed(as I tend to miss things a lot) then I apologize, but as a final disclaimer: This isn't what I think happened, I just think it could make sense given what has been seen so far.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That theory is one that is not feasible, for the simple fact Edo Tensei uses the target's soul not their body. It would otherwise be impossible for Madara to inhabit two places at once in the matter your friend (and few others) mentioned.

Sengoku System

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point here was that this was not, in fact, Madara. But it's improbable and irrelevant. While I have my theories, I don't care to share them.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Yeah, the point was that it was another Uchiha, claiming the name of Madara, and Kabuto had the real(dead) Madara in Edo Tensei, which is why that unshown body freaked out 'Madara' so much. I also agree it's unlikely, but it wouldn't be the biggest plot twist we've seen so far.

Again, wasn't my opinion or me saying 'dis is wut happenz' or anything like that, just a theory, that could work, and was the only real one off the top of my head...it got me thinking, wasn't sure if it would spark anyone else.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I was just answering your post as outlined below. Sorry if it read otherwise.

Quote:
If this was made impossible due to something that happened that I missed(as I tend to miss things a lot) then I apologize, but as a final disclaimer: This isn't what I think happened, I just think it could make sense given what has been seen so far.

Sengoku System

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well that would have been the case, if Madara's soul was either definitely alive(meaning 'madara' is actually 'the' Madara), or beyond reach, such as with the first 4 Hokages.
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents? Madara looked equal parts surprised and pissed, it could have been his little brother that he got his eternal mangekyou from. Nothing major i know, but it was just a thought.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madara obviously stole his brothers eyes as if he was honest about it, they would have exchanged them. Two eternal mangekyous are stronger than one.

Madara obviously has a inhumane body, some white liquid came out instead of blood when he ripped of his arm.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinitus wrote:
Madara obviously stole his brothers eyes as if he was honest about it, they would have exchanged them. Two eternal mangekyous are stronger than one.

Not calling you wrong, but I do not think it works like that >.>
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way I think it would is if they each took one eye from the other, and even then i don't think it really works that way...
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
Only way I think it would is if they each took one eye from the other, and even then i don't think it really works that way...

Why not? Madara takes his brothers eyes. Madaras brother takes Madaras eyes.
Where is the problem with that? Itachi had already sight problems, if they are restored for Sasuke that is even better.
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...listen to how you put that:

Madara takes his brother's eyes, now Madara has eternal mangekyou, if his brother took his eyes then Madara would lose them, while there are 4 eyes in total to begin with, only 2 eternal mengekyou can come from it.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
Okay...listen to how you put that:

Madara takes his brother's eyes, now Madara has eternal mangekyou, if his brother took his eyes then Madara would lose them, while there are 4 eyes in total to begin with, only 2 eternal mengekyou can come from it.

wtf? How can there only be 2 eyes with the eternal, where do the other two eyes go? Are you trying to troll me?
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No >.> That's what happens...the other eyes disappear or something, they have to be removed from the head and like, fused into the other eyes to become eternal, I don't get it, but 4 eyes enter, 2 eyes leave
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I saw, Madara ripped out his brothers eyes, and just absorbed them. He didn't have to surgically implant them like he did for Sasuke. Same with how he gets a Sharinnegan.
Mizoshu Uchiha
Patience Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah, well that would have been the case, if Madara's soul was either definitely alive(meaning 'madara' is actually 'the' Madara), or beyond reach, such as with the first 4 Hokages.

Hang on, didn't Orochimaru attempt to summon Yondaime, but Sandaime stopped him. I mean I know that the first two hokages got shiki fujin'd but so did yondaime before that fight happened, and Orochimaru almost summoned him. Prehaps it would've summoned the Yondaime's chakra inside of naruto.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was attempting to, yes, but it wouldn't have worked...that doesn't stop the jutsu from trying to work.
Mizoshu Uchiha
Patience Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been possible though for him to summon the chakra within naruto, or why would Sandaime have been so worried, he knew the jutsu.
Hmm, it would have been funny if as a result of trying to summon the Yondaime's chakra inside naruto he summoned naruto himself.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
No >.> That's what happens...the other eyes disappear or something, they have to be removed from the head and like, fused into the other eyes to become eternal, I don't get it, but 4 eyes enter, 2 eyes leave

He could have just as well taken out his eyes, and then put his brothers eyes in, the process was never shown. You assume magic.

Hito Hyuga wrote:
Well, from what I saw, Madara ripped out his brothers eyes, and just absorbed them. He didn't have to surgically implant them like he did for Sasuke. Same with how he gets a Sharinnegan.

Maybe he prepared his left eye beforehand or has a fast way of regrowing stuff, as his body is clearly not really that human anymore. See the white liquid instead of blood argument.
Also the arm regeneration would speak for this. This is a better explanation than MAGIC.
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizoshu Uchiha wrote:
Would have been possible though for him to summon the chakra within naruto, or why would Sandaime have been so worried, he knew the jutsu.
Hmm, it would have been funny if as a result of trying to summon the Yondaime's chakra inside naruto he summoned naruto himself.

he knew the jutsu, but due completely to it's secret nature, and now no living person knows it(i think), it's also likely he doesn't know the exact details of it.

Also, while he knew the sealing jutsu, Sandaime didn't know the extent of Edo tensei.

As for Madara/eternal mangekyou: I'm not saying it's magic, but in his case he just absorbed the eyes, even if his brother's were still there they would have been drained of whatever made them sharingan. Also, he can't regrow his own eyes, or else there would be no risk involed with using Izanagi, which even he has shown, made that eye useless.

As for Sasuke/any other eternal, there was a special operation, likely transferring the power of itachi's eyes into Sasuke's, as such, the only way for two Uchiha to 'share' their eyes would be for each to only have 1 eternal mangekyou
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
As for Madara/eternal mangekyou: I'm not saying it's magic, but in his case he just absorbed the eyes, even if his brother's were still there they would have been drained of whatever made them sharingan. Also, he can't regrow his own eyes, or else there would be no risk involed with using Izanagi, which even he has shown, made that eye useless.

Yes, he doesn't seem to be able to regrow anything on his face.
There was no indication of a technique or whatsoever. The easier explanation is clearly that he just replaced them. He killed his left Sharingan and replaced it with a Rinnegan. You cannot know why the eyes attach so ungodly fast and Sasukes take time, but adding absorption and magic just because it is a possiblity is there.
Implantation is the easier explanation and by Occam's Razor you should follow it.

Dairius_Chi wrote:
As for Sasuke/any other eternal, there was a special operation, likely transferring the power of itachi's eyes into Sasuke's, as such, the only way for two Uchiha to 'share' their eyes would be for each to only have 1 eternal mangekyou

That point is completely invalid, Madara stated that he likes to have a stock of good eyes, referring to Sasukes. That means he does give Itachis eyes, but in turn he takes Sasukes.
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sasuke took Itachi's eyes, but gave his own to Madara then he wouldn't have eternal mangekyou
Mizoshu Uchiha
Patience Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius is right, it kind of fuses the two together, restoring sight.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask how that makes sense in your heads, but I really don't care.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
I'd ask how that makes sense in your heads, but I really don't care.

So why post at all?

EDIT: I'd also like to point out the increasing list of things in naruto that don't make sense but, well it's a fantasy realm where people can shoot fire by doing shadow puppets.
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Sharingan, it doesn't make sense. I mean how much sense does it make that killing someone close to you makes the eye evolve? How much sense does it make that by taking another Uchiha's Mangekyo turns your into the eternal Mangekyo? It doesn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: