Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Naruto d20 - Relics Repository
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you say I never do nice things.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice, indeed. That silhouette looks to me like a bald man with a wide beard Razz

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now. His head is my avatar, Elon. You should be nice to Shiguro.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am torn, it's an awesome sheet that serves the same purpose as the DnD sheet I use regularly, but it also reminds me of 4th edition so that sparks a deep hatred from within >.>

Eh, I like it.
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is great.

why not as a pdf?

Last edited by Infinitus on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the point, exactly?

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

printing it without the standard setup for images on windows.

oh yeah, and I forgot to add an "it's great." above. nice work.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea why I did this, but I added text boxes over all edit boxes for those of you who want to fill everything in. It can be edited, and it can be printed, as you will.

Download Link: Interactive Hi-Res PDF Item Sheet (Shiguro's Filled Sheet)

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a generous day today. thank you.
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really nice! Using a .jpg extension is also a nice touch, makes it easier if someone wants to use his own pictures in the Item Sheet.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really saw the point of those...I mean, it's printed in ink, waht happens when you either upgrade something or replace it entirely? Maybe I am missing something...still, I love the sealed item sheet, and will likely use it next time I print a batch of sheets.
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
I never really saw the point of those...I mean, it's printed in ink, waht happens when you either upgrade something or replace it entirely? Maybe I am missing something...still, I love the sealed item sheet, and will likely use it next time I print a batch of sheets.

some people do not actually print them, but use them as their character sheet (I once had an editable D&D 3.5 sheet in PDF form that I could save on my computer, not only did I not need to be online, but I didn't need a physical sheet, either, since there was little room to have one)
Naruto d20 Store
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:

uhm...what?

Replace what? item slots? Using a pencil and eraser ain't a crime, ya know.

The filled in sheet was (probably) just done as an example.

And if you make it a PDF (or such) with editable text fields you don't even have to print it...
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no, I got that now...I've just never had a computer at the ready with one of those for a game(don't have a laptop), so the only way I have a sheet available is printing them out, in which case I always just use a pencil
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
Yeah no, I got that now...I've just never had a computer at the ready with one of those for a game(don't have a laptop), so the only way I have a sheet available is printing them out, in which case I always just use a pencil

Most of us (i think) don't have the luxury of playing a game like ND20 in real life. My play is exclusively online for ND20 and all other kinds of board games.
kakuro
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that luxury,but I found out not only was it more chaotic in real life as the members of my former group weren't as enthusiastic as my current one, but my old dm made the mistake of trying to juggle two six person teams at once...which made for some very messy encounters.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play IRL <_<
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
I play IRL <_<

I play both. I've found that certain things are easier to do in an online setting (surprisingly enough, individual player statistics) and other things are easier to do IRL (such as leveling).
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have left from my original quota right now is the Vestments of the Eightfold Path, a set that focuses on the eight gates, and the Raiment of the First Shadow, an epic item set, and to finish the lore of the Shinobi Commander's Garb. No telling how long that's going to take me, but after that I'm pretty much done.

I will say this again: If you are a skilled writer and feel up to making lore for item sets, I will be happy to accept your help to make even better sets. I don't need help making items, but writing the lore is incredibly wearisome. There is a LOT of work going into those supplements and although I get occasional help from friends, the work is in large part done by me and I often run out of steam.

This is an example of what I'm looking for. It's late and I'm tired and it's rough and I haven't proofread it, but it'll give you an idea.

DC 15: Though not strictly uncommon, the secret of the creation of the arms of the shadow warrior is closely guarded and was stolen from a clan of shinobi who were particularly gifted in the art of creation, in a time long before the creation of what is now known as the Hidden Villages. Nowadays, however, it is an open secret that every major village knows how to create at least one piece of the arms of the shadow warrior to varying degrees of success.
DC 20: At the eve of the clan's destruction, the then clan leader separated the original arms of the shadow warrior and bid his servents to take them to all corners of the world, stopping at nothing until they finally found someone worthy to pass it on to. Although both the name of the clan and the clan leaders have since been lost, historians have been able to trace its origins back several hundred years to a period of strife that lasted for more than a decade to a ninja called Munetou, a rebel leader with a pure heart.
Afer being gifted with one piece of the arms of the shadow warrior, he went on to assassinate a despot who had been named governor of a small province, facing him and his men single-handedly in combat and succeeding. Scholars have discovered several accounts that claim he went on to search for the rest of the set; some stories even say that he succeeded.
DC 25: After successfully assassinating the governor, Munetou had amassed a small following and, historians claim he even attempted to open a school to teach ninjutsu openly. Many clans opposed this goal, however, and some much more strongly and openly than others. As a result of this, Munetou and his pupils were forced to constantly fight for their lives as more and more joined in opposition to the idea that ninjutsu could be taught to the public.
As fate would have it, Munetou's dream was short lived and he was killed in battle, his pupils disbanded and his school destroyed. Most historians agree that it is at this particular point in time that the true worth of the arms of the shadow warrior was revealed, and that although each piece has been created and recreated many times since, that the original set was never reassembled. As for Munetou, some stories claimed he survived the battle to live the rest of his life in peace, and that he went on to secretly engineer the pact that would unite the ninja clans in relative peace and form the Hidden Villages.

Traenix
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I guess you should first release the whole thing, it'd be way easier for us to create lore if we don't know just the names of the items.

And sometimes update the .pdf adding the contributions.

v1.01 -> v1.02..
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's not how that works. Obviously the people who work with me get to see what they're working on, and I'm not really sure why you'd assume otherwise.

But no, I'm certainly not going to release a half-finished product.

Anyone interested in working with me on the project should email or PM me their take on the DC 15 lore I posted above.

Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up with this, I enjoyed the reading, and I'll enjoy reading those texts to my players, and making quests for them to get the items.

This supplement is going to be great Smile

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I made the item set Raiment of the First Shadow tonight. As some of you might know, it's an epic item set, but I really was stomped as far as the lore went. You may also know that I've pretty much been tapped out for a while now. But then an idea came to my head, and I knew it was going to need to be Epic (capital E). That idea was 'Ninja Leonidas,' and this is what this new muse inspired.

WORD TO THE WISE: Never let a Spartan near your arse, especially not their king, and especially not one armed with a spear.

Lore?Raiment of the First Shadow:
DC 35: Some time before the creation of the hidden villages, the Emperor commanded his head ninja to gather the best and strongest ninja clans and to build him an army the likes of which the world had never seen. Dutifully, the head ninja set to the task and traveled to every corner of the world to gather the best and most powerful shinobi he could find, with the most exotic and dangerous of abilities.

This task tried the head ninja in ways he had not believed possible, and that he could not fully understand. When he finally returned after five long, difficult years, the Emperor was so pleased with this new army that he granted the head ninja a single boon. While lesser men may have been satisfied with land or gold, he simply asked that he be chosen to lead this new army, and that his name be struck from history. The Emperor readily agreed, and from that day forward, the head ninja was known simply as Kage, and he wore his new uniform with pride: a white coat over a black robe, and a white conical hat with a shroud that left only the face exposed.

DC 40: The head ninja, now Kage, had made this request to the Emperor with the hope that he would, one day, finally escape from his past. He had been taken at a young age from his home village when the previous head ninja had caught wind of his unusual ability. From that day, he was raised to become a perfect warrior, one of the Emperor's very own shadows, and in time came to perform this duty with great pride and diligence. He was quickly elevated in the ranks and became known as a very capable and reliable ninja until the Emperor himself took notice and came to him. He bid Kage to assassinate his superior, his own mentor, and to take his place and duties as the head ninja.

To his eternal shame, the man known as Kage did so without hesitation. He elevated himself to this new position and assumed the mantle with the emperor's blessing, and took to the new duties as naturally as a fish to water. He followed the Emperor's word to the letter, and killed all of the Emperor's enemies until none were left. He committed a great many atrocities he would one day come to regret, but on the day Kage left to raise the greatest army the world had ever known, he did so with no guilt in his heart. When he left, he did so to fulfill his Emperor's dearest wish: to find an army that could guide his Emperor's hand, to place the entire world in its grasp, and to rule all that is.

DC 45: No one would know for sure what changed Kage during his quest, but those who knew him best could see that he was not entirely himself when he returned. The ruthless, cold-hearted flame that once shone in his eyes, the very part of him that the Emperor treasured so dearly, had dimmed, leaving in its place something that could not truly be described. He and the army at his command still followed the Emperor's word unfailingly, but did so without the unfeeling, detached efficiency that had brought him the Emperor's notice all those years ago.

It was only a scant number of years before another ambitious, talented young ninja rose in the ranks, and history set to repeat itself once more. But Kage was unlike any other man who had come before him, so talented was he that he would not be put down by this man or any other ninja who would come after. Although he did not understand why the Emperor would wish to be rid of him, he knew that he would never find answer to his questions, and that he could no more change his ways than he could change the Emperor's heart. Kage gathered those of his men who would follow him, his most loyal warriors, and left this life behind, never to be seen in the Emperor's palace again.

It is unknown how long or how far Kage and his men traveled before they finally settled in the place they would call home and founded a new village where they would be free to pursue their craft, such that it is, as they had done for their entire lives. For want of a new master to serve, Kage decided to bide his time and to live the live of a free agent, a mercenary, until opportunity once again presented itself. He worked tirelessly to realize this dream and secure a better future for the men who had shown him such unfailing loyalty, and personally executed the most dangerous and difficult of missions.

This life continued for a number of years before, on one fateful day, a mission came that bid Kage to personally retrieve an ancient, valuable family heirloom that had been lost in a cave now home to a host of dangerous rogue samurai. Sensing that an opportunity such as this would not present itself twice, and knowing that it was not to be missed, Kage accepted the mission without hesitation and left immediately. But for all of his wisdom and all of his skill, he would not know the trap for what it truly was until it was too late, for the man who had requested it was an agent of the Emperor, who still sought Kage's demise above all else.

The Emperor's army, having long prepared for this moment, used Kage's departure to launch a single, devastating attack upon the village, and in that moment, all knew whom had come for them. Each man and woman, despite knowing that there truly was no hope, fought bravely and to their fullest, but the disorganized and feeble defenses hastily erected was no match for the might of this new army, for it was truly the greatest to have walked the earth. When all seemed lost, in the day's darkest hour, a great presence settled upon the battlefield, so mighty and possessed of an anger so implacable was it that it appeared to cast out all light, leaving naught but dark, ominous shadows.

No man would ever know what Kage found in that cave, but he returned to the village a changed man. What he saw that day, all that he had built and fought for on the eve of its destruction, brought out something in him that no man had ever felt before. When he set foot on the battlefield that day, something happened that no one, not even the Emperor's most talented strategists and tacticians, could have predicted. His mere presence commanded such awe, inspired such striking terror in the hearts of the enemy that the course of the battle was forever changed, and the tide had turned.

Where once was a village full of strong, valiant men and women who fought for only for themselves now stood a single, terrible shadow that united for one common goal. Where Kage pointed, the enemy ranks gave way to the shadows like grains of sand to the unyielding tide. Those who stood at his side that day fought like lions, like men possessed of a strength that reached beyond mere mortal power, and for each of them that died, a dozen of the enemy fell, and although in the end they were overwhelmed, the Emperor's dreams, and the broken remnants of his army, were forever shattered by the implacable might of men and women who stood bravely against all odds and with one common purpose: victory.

It is unknown whether Kage lived or died, but when he last was seen, he fought, mortally wounded but with the ferocity of a dozen men, against those whom he had once called his lieutenants, and performed by all accounts feats that no man should have been capable of. The battle eventually took to the water, where he stood defiant of even the waves, but it is said that even he was slain in the end, by the very man whom had sought to take his place so long ago, and whom he had left for dead, and his body was finally claimed by the shadowy depths of the ocean, never to be seen again in this life, or in the next.

...aaaand holy shit. Thanks, Ninja Leonidas! I hope you guys get a kick out of this, because I had fun writing it when I should have been asleep. But hey, according to Bradley Cooper, "I'm a writer," is a good enough excuse. Eat it, social norms.

chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say that's one epic lore. Keep up the good work man.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it. I wrote this way early in the morning, so I'm afraid to even read it because it probably sucks.

Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your personality, I'm never satisfied with my work. Still, it was a great reading. Congratulations!

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been delaying for a while and working on commissions but really all that's left is just work I don't really want to do. I've added a few more curios, like the beheading shuriken, the portable theater, the cure potion and more I forgot.

Shadeworld
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, i've noticed the The Relics Repository is up for downloads. Or atleast it shows in the download section. I was wondering, is it out or not because when i push DL i'm just sent back to the main page.

The reason why i ask is; i've seen that you'll be adding the Seven swords of the mist, and my current character is seeking to gain Samehada. So i also wish to ask if the book isn't out could you throw me some details of Samehadas abilities, and what's needed to use it properly. Smile
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pays to do the research, and also not to both post on this forum and email me personally about something that has already been discussed. Do you see notice of it having been released? Don't answer that.

Availability: Pending Release

That was your clue. Moreover, a version of Samehada is already in the main file, and all you had to do was use the Search function or browse the Sealed Items.

Psychic Demon Werewolf
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering if there are any items in the works that had the Chakra Devouring Epic seals on them. It is the most expensive weapon seal in the main book (Purchase DC 55) and I figured this seal would be more common in these legendary sealed weapons.

I doubt any Chakra Devouring weapons will be as good as Samehada Chakra Leech ability but thats cause its one of the 7 swords of the mist.

Still can there be a series of weapons that helps the Chakra Vampire template that is not legendary in status that does not require you to put all your skill points into Profession in the hopes of having enough wealth to buy one of these weapons by the time you are Level 20?
-I was on the outskirts of town!
-You said you were stealthing between the alleys.
-No, I wasn?t!
-You said you were keeping your eye on me and you lied.
-I was not! I was on the outskirts of town, that?s Shibu that was doing that!
-Well then, why didn't you stop Hirako from carpet bombing a perfectly innocent town?
-I wasn't near Hirako?
-You see you?re conflicting your story right now.
-No I?m not!
-You said you weren't in the town to stop me and you weren't out of the town to stop Hirako from carpet bombing it.
-You know how towns have more than one side to them right?
-You?re a ninja, is that an excuse... NO
Naruto d20 Store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: