Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (When I get a Tardis)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Next Update (When I get a Tardis) Reply with quote

... or anything that takes me back in time, really. Also, the newer series of Dr. Who would be nice. Or Leverage. Or Sanctuary. Also a uninterruptible power supply. I'll take what I can get. Especially a UPS or a new computer.

New:

Skills:
  • Added a number of puppet core modification options
  • Added Advanced component quality and added information on mastercraft components
  • Repair skill now has an entry that groups the puppet-related uses for the skill in one section

Feats:
  • Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting

Equipment:
  • Added Warhammer
  • Added Armored Suit and Heavy Vest light armors
  • Added Battlefield Unit medium armor
  • Added throwing axe and throwing spear

Advanced and Prestige Classes:
  • Added a section on Modern Campaigns which explains slight changes that should be made to class skills and bonus feats
  • Profession is now a class skill for all advanced and prestige classes

Techniques:
  • Fuinjutsu: Keiyaku Houjin (Sealing Technqiue: Ally Contract)
  • Gisou no Jutsu (Camouflage Technique)
  • Iwagakure no Jutsu (Rock Concealment Technique)
  • Kuchiyose: Shunkoku Kasei (Summoning Technique: Instant Reinforcements)

Ninja Tools:
  • Added Armor Plating, Medium and Armor Plating, Heavy puppet components
  • Added Chakra Accelerator, Greater puppet component
  • Added a section to the puppets chapter to better explain how puppets and enhancement seals mesh together

Gamemastering:
  • Added Wealth Awards and Treasure section under Currency (treasure mechanics)

Modifications:

Nonhuman Heroes:
  • Monstrous Race was updated and gained new deformities

Skills:
  • The Craft (mechanical) section was revamped and condensed into one skill with 3 types of checks: Craft Puppet, Modify Core and Enhancement Seal Slots.
  • The Tumble skill was modified to match the changes made in D&D version 3.5.

Feats:
  • The Two-Weapon Defense feats were significantly changed.

Equipment:
  • Ironium weapons no longer overcome thorium damage reduction (!!)

Advanced and Prestige Classes:
  • The Ninja Scout's Quicken Technique is now correctly using the Quicken Actions mechanics
  • The duration of the Puppetry and Advanced Puppetry I to IV was increased significantly.
  • Added a Puppeteer skill called Efficient Puppetry.
  • Shinobi Swordsman's Power of the Elite now only gives a bonus to damage rolls, but instead slightly increases the DC of Strike techniques.
  • The Shade class progression is now staggered over 7 levels rather than 5, and it gains a slightly better defense progression (!!!)
  • Weaponmaster class removed, relocated instead to the upcoming Portfolio of Prestige.
  • Samurai class removed, relocated instead to the upcoming Portfolio of Prestige.

Techniques:
  • Chakra Nagashi's Elemental variants now also affects vulnerable creatures differently.
  • Samurai-based Kenjutsu, Kyushojutsu, Soujutsu and Tsuijutsu techniques removed, relocated instead to the upcoming Portfolio of Prestige.

Bloodlines:
  • The Shikotsu Myaku's dead bone pulse ability now increases attack and damage rolls instead of only damage rolls.
  • Added the Rare and Heroic subtypes.

Friends and Foes:
  • Added invisibility.
  • Immortal subtype changed slightly. Associated immunities were removed.

Epics:
  • The epic attack and defense bonuses have been merged into one progression (using the attack bonus as baseline)
  • The Craft (mechanical) epic skill now has a section on epic puppet core modifications

Ninja Tools:
  • The armor piercing weapon seal was altered
  • Living puppet maximum ability scores were altered slightly.
  • Armor plating component renamed to Armor Plating, Light and modified slightly.
  • The point cost of Kunai Shower III was decreased slightly.
  • Makibishi Launcher now renamed Caltrops Trap and modified slightly.
  • The point cost of Elemental Cannon, Superior was decreased slightly.
  • The Iron Maiden component was modified and its point cost was decreased slightly
  • Greater dragon's breath component now costs 4 chakra

Priority Chart:
  • (!) - Important
  • (!!) - Very Important
  • (!!!) - Must Read

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 10 times in total
NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you man, these things take time!

(See? It's funny, because... oh, never mind.)
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Frankto. I guess to day was a good day to visit the site again after a long time.
NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember mentioning this in the last "Next Update" thread, but I don't think it ever really caught on.

Virtually all Meta-Chakra feats are designed to work with Genjutsu and/or Ninjutsu, while Fuinjutsu gets very little love. I mean, sure you get Blood Mage and Path of the Fiendfire, but both of those involve spending a charge to gain a set benefit rather than actually modifying a Fuinjutsu technique.

For that reason, I think that either modifying some of the existing Meta-Chakra feats (e.g. Efficient Technique, Extend Technique, Protective Technique, etc.) to be Fuinjutsu-friendly, or perhaps even adding a few Fuinjutsu-exclusive Meta-Chakra feats, would be nice. As-is, I feel like Fuinjutsu techniques (along with Chakra Control techniques) remain sort of the black sheep of the family; nice to dabble in, but not really capable of the same level of power that you can get from specializing in them like you can with Genjutsu, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu.
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaCP wrote:
As-is, I feel like Fuinjutsu techniques (along with Chakra Control techniques) remain sort of the black sheep of the family; nice to dabble in, but not really capable of the same level of power that you can get from specializing in them like you can with Genjutsu, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu.

I think this is because as shown in the manga, these two things are really just things that people dabble in. Chakra Control isn't even really a type of technique in the manga, it's a skill that applies to the general use of techniques(ala the talk in the early chapters of more efficient use of chakra)

Fuinjutsu has never been shown to be someone's main thing in the manga. Sure we've had people who are extremely skilled in it but it's never been shown to be something a person could focus completely in. All great Fuinjutsu users have always had something else that they did just as good or were better in.

Now this isn't to say that I disagree with you completely. I do think Fuinjutsu could do with a bit more options in terms of feats.

And to Frankto, looking forward to some these updates. Gisou no Jutsu sounds intriguing and I'm looking forward to more options for the Monstrous Race.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toratsume
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly true. Fuuinjutsu can be crazy powerful if you use a little imagination, but as stated it is mostly just dabbled in. I see it as a support type of techniques mostly. I would however like to see the teleportation barrier Minato used fleshed out.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's with an update to the update status. I think some puppeteers, who shall remain nameless who know who they are, will like this one.

Also, this shit is why I don't have a wiki or an actual table of contents.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in: Ironium weapons no longer overcome thorium damage reduction.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I continue to be Tardis-free, but I'm going to start putting together the files to release an update sometime today or tomorrow.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand zing. As promised.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: