Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

New to the Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Hey, guys. This is just a progress update to let you know that the project is going to be delayed for a while. The fact is, I'm not running or playing any ND20 games right now and I've kind of run out of steam.

It doesn't help that I've recently gotten into Pathfinder and I'm developing some proper Modern-day rules for a campaign I'm planning on running and possible future distribution.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who were expecting more. It's not dead—not yet, at any rate. It's just been put on the backburner.

He posted this on Friday July 12, 2013, on the thread "Creatures Compendium". You can find this post by following this link :

http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

This isn't me taking sides, or kissing arse. Rather, just backing him up, because he did mention he was taking a hiatus. I remember him posting this on the day, and it took me probably, 5 minutes to find. Admittedly I knew roughly where to look.

Fraid you might owe the chap an apology. Let bygones be bygones and all that
SjachIxen
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:
Frankto wrote:
Hey, guys. This is just a progress update to let you know that the project is going to be delayed for a while. The fact is, I'm not running or playing any ND20 games right now and I've kind of run out of steam.

It doesn't help that I've recently gotten into Pathfinder and I'm developing some proper Modern-day rules for a campaign I'm planning on running and possible future distribution.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who were expecting more. It's not dead—not yet, at any rate. It's just been put on the backburner.

He posted this on Friday July 12, 2013, on the thread "Creatures Compendium". You can find this post by following this link :

http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

This isn't me taking sides, or kissing arse. Rather, just backing him up, because he did mention he was taking a hiatus. I remember him posting this on the day, and it took me probably, 5 minutes to find. Admittedly I knew roughly where to look.

Fraid you might owe the chap an apology. Let bygones be bygones and all that

Okay. My bad. I admit wrongness and accept all the blame.
I feel like it should have been more public, but he DID post it, so I can't complain about that.
Hope he comes back soon. But given that he's decided to attack me personally by literally throwing away my commission forever, I can't say I wish him the best and be honest at the same time

"FLUTTERSHY SMASH"
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KobunFan wrote:
This... is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Does anyone have some kind of template for weapons I could use to make the display look nice?

Unsure what you mean exactly, but here is how I'd write out the sealed item version of the guns I mentioned (this is just a reworked copy-paste of the swordsceptre modified to sound like a gun)

Soul Gun (I am uncreative) [Sealed Item, Weapon]
This ornate handgun has interesting engravings along the side and lacks a control for releasing the clip.
Sealed Item (soul edge)
Superior (Lv 7) DC 24
Power (At-Will, free action): 1 chakra. As Seireiha with a 40ft Range Increment, but always deals damage as one of the following types of weapons: shortsword, longsword or bastard sword (chosen on item creation). Costs no chakra with the soul edge class feature. Lasts until dismissed or the Soul Gun is dropped for more than 1 round. No matter the weapon chosen as the base, this weapon deals bludgeoning and piercing damage and only threatens a critical on a natural 20 for X3 damage.
Property: This sealed item can accept weapon seals, unlike other archetype weapons.
These seals can only be used by a wielder with the empower soul edge class feature.

EDIT: Since they are guns, damage progression going 2d4/2d6/2d8 might make more sense as you aren't getting str added any more. Also, for the sake of TWF the first two would likely be light, while the third is considered 1-handed.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SjachIxen wrote:
But given that he's decided to attack me personally

Again with that entitled "the customer is always right" attitude. I'm a writer, not a salesman. I don't do customer service, I do fan service.

If you don't like it, leave.

This isn't me attacking you personally. This is me giving you your money's worth. You came here to complain, I gave you your money back. Then you accuse me of attacking you personally by giving you the money back for a service you did not receive and denying you the service.

You are not my boss. You are not doing me a favor by spending your money here; the moment you decided to send me money in exchange for a product you felt was worth the expense, we were even. I don't owe you kindness nor courtesy, I choose to give those away insomuch that it doesn't add any undue stress to my day.

So far, I've gone a good deal out of my way to keep a certain level of civility in this exchange, and you're trying my patience, so I'll say it again:

If you don't like it here, then I invite you to leave.

EDIT: To clarify, while I appreciate your support and patronage, don't expect me to regard you any differently because of it. I work hard to produce each and every supplement I release, whether or not they are for sale, and the price I put on it — a relatively low price, mind you, all things considered — is one that I find a fair and just renumeration for my hard work. Everyone is welcome on these forums whether they bought the additional supplements or not, and having done so doesn't give you any rights or privilege over those who haven't.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
SjachIxen
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
SjachIxen wrote:
But given that he's decided to attack me personally

Again with that entitled "the customer is always right" attitude. I'm a writer, not a salesman. I don't do customer service, I do fan service.

I think you're putting more into this than me. I already said I was wrong, and I never said I WANTED a refund, you just threw it at me. But, whatever. That wasn't even the point: I was going to buy the limited edition with or without the commission, it was just that the commission was advertised as a part of the package.
What I wanted was an explanation why I never got the advertised commission and (at best) the commission in question. I have my answer. I am content.

I enjoyed your products, but I sincerely think your tendency to take everything personally isn't doing you any favors :\

It kind of reminds me of Paul Christoforo of Ocean Marketing. If you want my advice (and you probably don't) then calm down, walk away from the forum ENTIRELY. The stress people like me cause isn't worth it.

"FLUTTERSHY SMASH"

Last edited by SjachIxen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I enjoyed your products, but I sincerely think your tendency to take everything personally isn't doing you any favors :\

Aaaaand there's the hypocritical bullshit I'm used to. That's enough internet for me today.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
KobunFan
Kage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o

My chakra gun thread is up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: