Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Chakra Transfer Technique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Chakra Transfer Technique Reply with quote

Greetings,

With recent chapters in the manga, especially the Gokage vs Madara showing it, I wondered if either a) a technique existed in one rendition or another, and b) How you'd go about do it?

My idea would make it a medical technique and a Chakra Control check with DC 10 vs HD of the target, with a flat cost + whatever chakra you we're imparting to the target. Of course, I'd love to see if anyone else had managed it, and how.

Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
dimriver
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it a medical technique based off DnD's bestow power, so it costs 3 to give 2. Made it a rank 3, C rank, and duration concentration, but no option to speed it up.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a technique in the main file that does it as well, to a limited extent. Look for the technique that states someone with enough levels in Elementalist can restore petrification...
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
There's a technique in the main file that does it as well, to a limited extent. Look for the technique that states someone with enough levels in Elementalist can restore petrification...

Limited is the correct word.

TheMainFile wrote:
The subject gains 2 points of chakra. This technique can only be used on a single creature once per day. A character with 5 or more levels in the Elementalist (doton) class can reverse the petrification from a creature by using this technique.
Mastery
The fifth step of mastery in this technique allows the user to replenish the subject's chakra reserve by the same amount isntead of its chakra pool, and prevent chakra depletion if used within 5 minutes of suffering the condition. It can only be obtained at ECL 15 or higher.

Its only use I can see is either reversing petrification, or preventing chakra depletion. Not quite the chakra sharing ability of Tsunade.

EDIT: Thank you anyway, though. I realised that was phrased rather rudely, I do appreciate the effort.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:
cmkawasaki wrote:

Limited is the correct word.

TheMainFile wrote:
The subject gains 2 points of chakra. This technique can only be used on a single creature once per day. A character with 5 or more levels in the Elementalist (doton) class can reverse the petrification from a creature by using this technique.
Mastery
The fifth step of mastery in this technique allows the user to replenish the subject's chakra reserve by the same amount isntead of its chakra pool, and prevent chakra depletion if used within 5 minutes of suffering the condition. It can only be obtained at ECL 15 or higher.

Its only use I can see is either reversing petrification, or preventing chakra depletion. Not quite the chakra sharing ability of Tsunade.

EDIT: Thank you anyway, though. I realised that was phrased rather rudely, I do appreciate the effort.

Obviously, but this is the starting point, anyways. For a stronger version, you could take a look at how high level Summons are permitted to do so and work with the same assumptions in creating a technique.

I would leave the cost at 2 to 1 chakra transferred or 3 to 2 chakra transferred, however for a maximum, you should keep it to 1/2 character level of the receiving character which would keep it in line with power points (You get roughly 3-4 times the power points than you do chakra).

Alternatively, you could make it higher chakra amounts, up to character level or character level * 2, and add a XP cost of a modest amount (Say 100 * HD of the target) to keep it balanced. Most of the time, the chakra transfer done by Tsunade was simply channeling her healing through her summoning for Mass Cure Light Wounds and the like.
DonJoe
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also start out at a horrendous disparity between chakra spent and chakra the target recovers, and use Mastery as a method to reduce that difference. Like, start at a 6:1 ratio, then 5:1, 4:1, 3:1, 2:1, 3:2. Obviously, not horribly useful at first, and probably why a lot of people don't bother with it, but eventually, after a lot of practice and time spent learning it and refining it, it gets to a usable state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: