Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Two question's from a new player whose's extremely confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isamu
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Two question's from a new player whose's extremely confused Reply with quote

Hello I'm new to the boards, and have just recently started playing in a couple of campaigns with my friends who have played for awhile. And I must say I love Naruto, and love the work Frankto, and everyone has done to make this system run smoothly so far. Smile

My first question involves my First Character who is level 4. With 3 levels in Fast, and 1 in Livewire. Now I've looked at the Webspinner ability in the book, and it looks incredibly interesting. The only thing I'm curious about is what type of action it takes. Is it just an attack action, or is it a Full-Round Action, Move action, extra. And each time I've asked some of the the other players, or gm in that story they all have different opinions on how long it takes to do.

My second question involves my Second Character who reached level 5 tonight. Who is 3 levels of Dedicated, and 2 of White Knight. My question involves the Byakugan Sight feat and it's Prerequisites, of Advanced Bloodline (Byakugan), Wis 13, Spot 6 ranks, Byakugan +2, Tenketsu Sealing Byakugan. Now the Hyuuga Ryuu: Hakkeshou Kaiten (Hyuuga Style: Divination Whirl) is a rank 6 that requires Tenketsu Sealing. But the Byakugan Sight feat can't be picked up till level 8. But most of the people I play with, who have played Hyuuga's, pick it up at level 5, or 7 since we use pathfinder for feats. And most of the builds I've seen on the forums seem to pick it up at level 6 (Including I beleive Neji's build in the book). My question is the Tenketsu Sealing prerequisite for the feat just a typo, that has forgotten to be taken out, or is this just a house rule that most groups seem to use, and they are just ignoring Tenketsu Sealing.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer me. And sorry for grammar mistakes I might have made, or for asking 2 questions in one post.
Kamikage
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are both very good questions and to be honest i can't answer ether one for sure however i can make a educated guess based on what i see.

To the first question it says it last as long as you concentrate (as though a technique) i take that to mean a standard aka attack action as most techs are but i could be wrong or missing something.

Number two my best guess is its yet another victims or an update changing something and missing something that referenced it. The only other thing i can think of is that its a case of being able to take a feat before you meat the pre reqs but not being able to use it until you do.

Again these are only my best guesses and may simple be me missing something i don't play many hyuuga and i'm writing this on very little sleep... but I'm hoping I'm somewhat right and helped you some.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Two question's from a new player whose's extremely confu Reply with quote

Quote:
The only thing I'm curious about is what type of action it takes. Is it just an attack action, or is it a Full-Round Action, Move action, extra.
It's an attack action.

Quote:
My question is the Tenketsu Sealing prerequisite for the feat just a typo, that has forgotten to be taken out.
It's not a typo. Some techniques have requirements that only allow them to be taken at higher level despite the rank. Rank is primarily an indicator of how much time it takes to learn a technique and what the save DC for that technique is, not always the level it can be taken at.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: