Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Death Battle: Gaara vs Toph Beifong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will win? (Please explain below)
Gaara of the Sand Waterfall
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Toph Beifong
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Death Battle: Gaara vs Toph Beifong Reply with quote

I don't normally keep up with the Death Battle series, often due to a lack of interest in a majority of their match-ups or because of the inaccuracies in the capabilities and portrayals of the characters involved.

However, this match-up is one of the few exceptions I have made due to featuring characters I both know and enjoy. Plus, it's the first portrayal of a Naruto and Avatar character in the Death Battle series, the former being relevant to this particular forum.

Anyway, I thought that this would be a fun topic to discuss, preferably in a civilized manner. For those who need information on our two combatants, I have provided links to their respective Wikia pages. Have fun and enjoy!

Information on Gaara

Information on Toph
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto characters require chakra and their abilities have fairly clear limitations. Avatar characters have no such weaknesses, they can continue to bend their element until they are no longer able to move.

That being said, Gaara could use his sand to fly, and while Toph has shown both the ability to detect earth in the air AND has incredibly hearing, she has had difficulty bending sand. On the other hand, she's the strongest earth bender ever and she can metalbend on top of that.
hennuae
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus, Toph can (if I remeber it right) turn sand into earth, and Gaara is all covered in sand Razz
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hennuae wrote:
plus, Toph can (if I remeber it right) turn sand into earth, and Gaara is all covered in sand Razz

Gaara can also turn earth into sand. Razz

In all honesty, I'm looking forward to this one. One of the few times where I actually think this will be enjoyable to watch (not really a fan of Death Battle normally).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hennuae
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a never ending battle
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for never updating this thread or continue the discussion, but I figured I'd at least make up for that now to at least finish what I started.

The Death Battle video was posted on Feb 7, 2015 and you can watch it on YouTube here on Screw Attack's official channel. You can also view the teaser video as well.

Before you watch the main event, it's worth taking into account the abilities of our two fighters as understood by the people at Death Battle. The following videos acted as information for each, explaining a bit of their history as well as demonstrating their capabilities through examples.

Gaara armors up for DEATH BATTLE!

Toph steps into DEATH BATTLE!

Personally, I disagree with the outcome of the Death Battle as I feel elements for each character were over-emphasized for the sake of dramatics (i.e. Gaara being slow). However, it's a show to be entertaining, so it's to be expected, especially if one is familiar with Death Battle. Regardless, it's one of the more interesting match-ups I've seen from them, so they get credit for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: