Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Build Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Build Suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a character build for an upcoming game (first full session is in a few days), and I was hoping to get some ideas to finish a build progression.

The character is a Guile Hero of sorts, focusing on support and clever tactics over raw damage. I'm focusing on the Plan talent, Earth Ninjutsu (right now my staples are Underground Displacement, Inner Decapitation, and Earth Hands from the GM's Helper), Stealth techniques, Trapmaking, and a few Genjutsu and Fuinjutsu for utility. We're starting at ECL 6, and I have a plan for up through ECL 13.

Stats: Int 18/Con 14/Wis 14/Cha 14/Dex 11/Str 10

Current class progression: Smart Hero 3/Shinobi Adept 3/Ninja Hunter 7

General feedback is appreciated, and I'm looking for suggestions on the following:
1. Class suggestions for levels 14 through 20. I'm considering Elementalist, but it's focused pretty heavily towards blasting rather than utility techs of a given element.

2. Technique ideas, in particular a second element choice.

Thanks!
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to make use of plan, why not give Master Strategist a shot?
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
If you're looking to make use of plan, why not give Master Strategist a shot?

I initially wrote it off because it ends up being sort of redundant with Ninja Hunter. The +1 to the plan result from Improved Plan doesn't stack with Plan X, and there's only so much a boost to the Plan roll actually helps.

I suppose I could take 4 levels to pick up Swift Plan and Strategic Timing though, since they fit the concept pretty well and I'd have a pretty nasty initiative check between Strategic Timing and Improved Initiative.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the Swift Plan, tbh. It's what makes it so amazing.
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
It's all about the Swift Plan, tbh. It's what makes it so amazing.

Swift Plan is pretty damn awesome. Planning is probably the only way my character can handle the tournament portion of a Chuunin Exam; he's kinda terrible in 1v1 fights (low damage and AC).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: