Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Exactly HOW crazy am I (Giving Rinnegan to a PC...Sort of)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X12377
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Exactly HOW crazy am I (Giving Rinnegan to a PC...Sort of) Reply with quote

(Happy 4th of July to those who read this today!) So, even though I have yet to post anything other then this and another question in the beginner's lodge, I have read through quiet a bit of this forum and so far I've noticed a few thing, but two that I've taken interest with are

1. The guy who made the rules and all the supplements really seems to dislike the Rinnegan being used in game

2. The guy who made the rules and all the supplements REALLY doesn't like players using the Rinnegan

So of course I've decided to use the Rinnegan in game! The first "Main villain" of our game is a scientist obsessed with perfecting the human race through experimentation with multiple bloodlines. My players are sort of pulling a Sonic adventure 2 (For those of you who don't know, in that game you get to play a hero story and a villain story) where they get to play their normal Genin ninja in most sessions, while on occasion they get to play slightly higher leveled (At the moment the PCs just hit level 6, while their villain characters are level 8) rouge ninja working for the main villain. This is done so that they can experience certain things the villains are setting up. (Like in an anime where they cut to show the audience what's going on with the villains) To make a long story short one of the villain PCs has the ability to steal bloodline abilities from the dead, this character can also absorb types of chakra from the dead. For example, she kills someone with demonic chakra and she can take it, giving her the demonic chakra template. However, her mental state is..damaged to say the least and as such eventually the Villain decides he has enough data on her bloodline to start attempting to replicate it, so he decides to put her down. But before he does, he has 1 more mission for her, to kill and take the chakra of an Uzumaki (This takes place after the series, and the uzumaki bloodline has branched out slightly) and then steal the eyes of an Uchiha. (Again, takes place after series so they've branched out slightly) The chakra of an Uzumaki, decedents of the Senju clan, mixed with the Sharingan would in theory create a Rinnegan. The villain plans to then kill her and take the eyes. However, I decided that throughout the generations that the chakra has gotten diluted, to the point where combining it with a sharingan will create a sort of "Imperfect Rinnegan." Both eyes only give 1/7th of the stat buffs said in "2011 Christmas Surprise PDF" rounded down and give you access to only 1 path each. Now, there is a chance his villain PC isn't killed by the main villain and manages to escape with the eyes. In this case, do you think that the "Imperfect eyes" are balanced enough to work. I know the point of the Rinnegan is NOT to be balanced, it's suppose to be a godly form of power, but I don't want ANYONE getting the real eyes, even a villain. So does anyone think I should buff or nurf anything about these imperfect eyes, perhaps give make it always be draining chakra like an implanted dojutsu?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: