Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Frenzy, no additional extra attacks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the moo
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Frenzy, no additional extra attacks? Reply with quote

The Beastmaster can enter a frenzy during combat. While frenzied, he gains a +4 bonus to his Strength and, if he makes a full-attack action, gains a single extra attack each round at his highest attack bonus. This effect is not cumulative with other effects that grant extra attacks.

Like... no extra attacks? im going to assume this doesn't mean BAB given attacks, but what about two-weapon fighting or attacks granted from Inuzuka's Quadruped technique (a claw and a bite) I would understand some techniques it not working with but Inuzuka techniques dont work? its meant for them. seems weirdly worded at least, I mean RAW it seems to say that you dont get BAB attacks but, again, I'm assuming that's not the case.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just for things like Haste from 3.5, there are some things like the Quickblade Enhancement Seal, or having high Speed Ranks that give an additional attack at your full BAB(or sometimes at a -5) that Frenzy's would not stack with.

TWF is fine, they're not 'extra' attacks since you'd get them every round if you full-attacked.

The natural attacks from Quadruped are a bonus, but natural attacks interact differently when used in the same round as 'manufactured weapons' or unarmed strikes, where all natural attacks are done at a -5 penalty and only benefit from half your strength modifier.

But anyways, yeah, just things that let you attack with the same weapon more than you normally would don't stack, things that let you attack with different weapons in addition to your main one would be fine.
the moo
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, that's what I thought. But I'm still confused about the quadruped technique, do they get to add an extra attack to the claw and bite? making it like claw claw bite or is it Weapon claw bite with the claw bite at a -5 or does it just not work together?
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to you, if you have an extra attack from Frenzy, Speed Ranks, Quickblade, or anything, you choose what weapon it applies to(usually most effective when applied to your main-hand, since most people use their best weapon there). This doesn't mean you can stack their effects by choosing different weapons (bite with frenzy, claw with speed ranks, weapon with Quickblade), however, you're still limited by typically only one source of additional attacks.

Also note that if you're wielding a weapon in your hands, you obviously can't use the hand(s) occupied for clawing, even if you drop the weapon as a free action afterward. So you could only really get the full benefit of 2x claws, bite, and standard Full-Attack when using Unarmed Strikes(kicks, shoulder tackles, headbutts) or weapons that aren't wielded in the hands... maybe Shuko/Ashiko since they have a set on your feet too? I guess? Still just a re-flavored kick at the end of the day since they modify your unarmed strikes rather than being a completely unique weapon.

But at this point I'm rambling, hope that answered your question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: