Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Some Technique Questions, Mainly Chakra Control and Fuinjuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Some Technique Questions, Mainly Chakra Control and Fuinjuts Reply with quote

I take it all techniques follow the master system, does that include the training techniques? I do not see how the usual bonus for mastering affect a training technique. Speaking of which, when an aspect of a technique is per level, it is referring to the mastery?

The Chakra Explosion technique is a Chakra Control technique that has one perform an unarmed attack. Does that use the Wisdom modifier or Strength modifier for both rolls?

Can the same seal be applied to the same person at the same time. For example, can the Life Preservation Seal be put on all six slots to gain 6x it's passive bonuses? If so, and if applied to the Energy Seal, would they have to be used seperately? These are probably no for balance reasons, and doing the latter would probably kill the character using three since just one fatigues him, but there was no mention I could find that said so.

Warmth Shield, and Dance of the Flying Spoons are listed either as Ninjutsu or Chakra Control under the main list, but listed as the opposite in the summarized list (I think I am forgetting another one). Which do I go by? I am further confused because Energy Shield is Chakra Control, but Weather-proof Technique is Ninjutsu, and with Warmth Shield are all part of the same technique progression. Also, Chakra Bomb is listed as Fire Style in the main list, but normal in the summarized list.

Ussing the Compression technique, would that make Escape Artist checks unnecessary? I am thinking situations such as being bound or in a cage where a tiny person could go through a hole of some sort.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training techniques *could* be mastered, but there's no point, it offers no benefit.

The unarmed attack for Chakra Explosion is an unarmed attack. It uses whatever modifiers you'd normally use for unarmed attacks (which is usually Strength). Unless a technique explicitly tells you to do something different, then treat it the same as you would otherwise.

Seihouken Fuin (life preservation seal) does not technically limit you from putting up more than one, but as a GM I would say that it is probably not intended. The same goes for Chikara no In (energy seal).

The list may bear some inconsistencies. Assume that the technique's own description is always correct. Hisaji no Mai is a Ninjutsu (as are all puppetry techniques). Ryokujun is Chakra Control. Chakra no Bakudan is not a Katon technique.

Chibizuku is up to your GM. If you become small enough then crawling through a hole is perfectly possible. Becoming smaller would also most likely let you free yourself from restraints like binding rope or shackles.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I noticed is Greater Rebirth Fuinjutsu technique requires the Minor Rebirth Ninjutsu technique, but the Genesis Rebirth Epic technique does not require any medical ninjutsu at all. Would any GM's reading this require Genesis Rebirth to be accompanied by knowing Minor Rebirth for the sake of consistency?

Genesis Rebirth and Seal of Immortality would use up the slots Life Preservation and Energy Seal do not use, but I am not sure if they are worth the Skill Points for both and the Epic Feat for Genesis Rebirth. I am not even sure if my character would be aged enough to justify Seal of Immortality even by level 30.

probably best just to stick Genesis Rebirth with Sage Mode in the "only if the GM intends a power game" scenario.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it says Enhancment Seals can be improved upon and the experience cost is reduced. The next sentence after says the purchase difficulty class is reduced by 5, and so forth.

Is that last part referring to the purchase DC of the materials for crafting, or is that what I would use when figuring out how much paying for someone else improve an Enhancement Seal?

And does Chakra Explosion get any benefit from the Two Undodeable Fists stance, that refers to unarmed attacks when it says "attacks", and not just Taijutsu attacks, right?
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a GM I wouldn't really mind Genesis Rebirth without knowing minor/greater rebirth. It's an Epic technique, so whatever Razz.

Yes that means the cost of the materials is reduced by 5. However, since what you would pay a crafter is entirely based on that number, it effectively reduces the DC of a commission by 5 as well.

As for the Iaisouken stance, it affects all unarmed attacks, just like it says. Since Seishou Bakuha specifies you make an unarmed attack, it would benefit from Iaisouken. (Note: Iaisouken is a 'Punch' stance, so it will not affect any attacks made for [Kick] techniques)
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think I have finally run out of questions. Thank you for your patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: