Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Epic Basic Classes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Epic Basic Classes Reply with quote

Many Epic Talents (and some Epic Feats) require high Ability Scores, even up to 23. Aside from using Epic Wisdom and Shinobi Drugs, how is that achievable without investing most, if not all, of the Ability points onto one Ability?

There is also the fact they are almost all missing their Naruto specific Talent Trees, but I am sure a GM can just continue the pattern of the original Basic Class.

If possible, I am thinking of designing a Character that is roughly 10 Fast Hero (Defensive Talent tree), 10 Dedicated (3 Chakra Control and 2 Insightful Talents), 5 Epic Fast Hero (Epic Astounding Speed tree), and 5 Dedicated Hero (3 Epic Skill Emphasis).

However, it seems I would need a 23 Dexterity Score and an 18 Wisdom Score.

Also, I take it it is safe to assume the Base Defense Bonus in Epic is treated the same way as the Base Attack Bonus?

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Naruto d20 Store
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposing you start at 16, and invest 3 out of 5 stat points into the ability (not unreasonable), then you're looking at 19.

A +2 shinobi drug is feasible at that level, as is taking a feat to add another +1. So a 22 is doable without 'minmaxing'.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there is no practical way to 18 Wisdom and 23 Dexterity both, right? Oh, wait... Shinobi Drugs is enough to get 18 Wisdom by itself, so those extra can go to Dexterity. Okay, so if I invest in the skill points, the Feat (might as well use Training to get the most of Shinobi Drugs), materials, Shinobi Drug Kinjustsu Techniques (unless I go with a higher rating that is +3 or +5), and deal with their possible side effects, I could pull it off with using all those extra stat points on Dexterity (unless less I use Epic Feats).

Thanks. I would probably save the trouble and do the Tough Hero (extra Health, Health rate and Chakra would go well with the Dedicated Hero), but now I know how it would be possible to do to pull of the Epic Dedicated Fast Hero with both Greater Concealment and Epic Skill Emphasis if I wanted to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: