Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Inuzuka build help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lord4571
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Inuzuka build help Reply with quote

so ive made a decent build for what it is but i need to know if im focusing to much one my animals and not my self. (this character vary well could go into epic levels aswell but only dealing with the first 20.)

-i want all 3 animal companions and for all 3 to be awesome or decent. the best way to do that is to take beastmaster up to level 8 and take the feats animal bond and companion training.
-the question i have is should i take these feats and level 8 in beastmaster? there is no other reason for me going beastmaster 8 if i dont need amazing tricks +4.
-animal bond and companion training to make my animals stronger but taking 2 normal feat slots.

the next thing is should i even take beastlord 3? sure it be cool to have a 3rd animal companion but it is also taking up a whole level just for that and the 3rd animal companion is at a -6 in terms of its level progression.

so far as it stands i reach level 16 with beastmaster 8, beastlord 3, and strong paragon 5.
the feats i currently got planned is animal bond, animal affinity, companion tranning, chunin, jounin, genin, genius ninja and of course the moujuu feat.

im just unsure if im making my pets to awsome and making my actual character weak or if im strong and my animals are just as strong

i got told by my gm that i know where point A is and i know where point B is (level 1-20) but im building to reach point C skipping B.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want your companions to be as strong as possible, you'll want that Amazing Tricks +4
lord4571
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i know to make them strong i want that level. its more am i making my self weaker by doing so. amazing tricks +4 becomes less important if i dont take beastlord 3
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go full hog on the Beast Master build, the lowest companion might lag behind a bit or have a hard time hitting/surviving hits, but if nothing else they can float around to offer flanking or use Aid Another to help out if current foes are too high class for them.

Short of some special build someone had in mind, I don't see much reason to go down this path unless you're going for all 3 companions, with any accompanying feats. Those animals are as much a part of your sheet as your character is... they're just a bit easier to replace if you need to.
lord4571
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do keep in mind last time i went full out i killed my whole team at like ecl 6-8. and when i say i did im not joking. they couldnt get me out of rage soon enough in an encounter agaisnt powerful foes and died by my hands.

i ripped the head of who my character "liked liked" off with my mouth at her throat.

when something like that happens you question it a bit
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord4571 wrote:
do keep in mind last time i went full out i killed my whole team at like ecl 6-8. and when i say i did im not joking. they couldnt get me out of rage soon enough in an encounter agaisnt powerful foes and died by my hands.

i ripped the head of who my character "liked liked" off with my mouth at her throat.

when something like that happens you question it a bit

Then you just have to make sure you are able to rein in your frenzy by having a decent Will Save and items like Amulet of Cold Fury (Relics Repository). Also, keep in mind that when you're in a Frenzy and you risk attacking an ally, the DC to end the Frenzy is DC 20 - beastmaster's class
levels.
lord4571
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently my will save by the end wont be so good cuz strong and beastmaster and beastlord doesnt come with high will saves, but i did totally forget about that dc 20 - beastmaster levels. so thank you for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: