Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Is genjutsu Master good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Genjutsu Master a good class?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

BeepMcGee
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Is genjutsu Master good? Reply with quote

Is Genjutsu Master worth it to choose for a class? It looks interesting but doesn't seem to be very powerful.
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer? Sort of.

"Powerful" when it comes to illusions, is determined almost as much by your own creativity as a player than it is by what class you choose. Basically what I'm saying is you don't have to be a Genjutsu Master to be a master if genjutsu.

Unless you're one of those weirdos that only grab damage based genjutsu because NUMBERS, in which case sure get it for the save DC increase.

Also, Hide in Plain Sight is awesome regardless.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're focusing on Genjutsu, what other class would you take? As Jensik said, your mileage with Genjutsu really depends on how creative the user is, much like illusions in DnD.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely one of those classes that its usefulness is determined by both the player and the GM. The player needs to think beyond just raw damage and a GM has to know how to appropriately react to the use of Genjutsu again his/her NPCs.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I played like, 4 campaigns (got to level 30 after 4 full years, omg, such nostalgia), I never really understood Genjutsu rules.

Even if I was able to take a tailed beast on a one on one, I had hard times with Genjutsu masters, so I'd say they are powerful yes, but I also think it needs a little creativity on the player side. If you want to play it like a Ninjutsu or Taijutsu user, where you simply fight for your techniques to drop your opponent's hp you're doing it wrong. I once lost to a kid who kept making others think what he wanted by using illusions.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
CardNilos8
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across the same issue. Stick RPG 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: