Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Oversized Kusari-gama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Oversized Kusari-gama Reply with quote

Greetings,

Bit unsure on this one, so advice would be appreciated. The question came up as to whether an oversized kusari-gama needs only the Oversized Weapon Proficiency feat to be used proficiently, or it would also need the Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting feat in order to continue being treated as a light weapon in your off-hand.

Can't copy the feats in quite yet, so anyone with access to the Main File your input is appreciated.

Thank you,
TheTrulyAvaricious
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut instinct is that it would be a required feat based on the wording.

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting
Prerequisite: Str 13, Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefit: You suffer penalties to attack roll when wielding one-handed weapons in your off-hand as though you were wielding a light weapon instead.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that a kusari-gama is essentially an M-sized weapon (Kama) and S-sized weapon (small bludgeon thing) connected by a chain.

so making it larger would make it L and M. Meaning the extra feat *would* be required.

But it's somewhat open to interpretation.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you are probably right. It's a little confusing what with how Oversized Weapon Proficiency is worded:

Oversized Weapon Proficiency wrote:
You are able to wield oversized weapons proficiently so long as you have proficiency in the base weapon.

Given that the kusari-gama let's you wield it as a double weapon, suffering the penalties for fighting with a one-handed weapon and a light weapon in your off-hand, it almost seemed like just having the Oversized Weapon Proficiency feat would be sufficient. However I guess that the intention is that you would need the Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting feat to pull off this feat. (I slay me with these awful puns).

Thank you both for the help fellow forumites!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: