Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Beastly Manifestation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isawa Sezaru
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Beastly Manifestation Reply with quote

The war hero summons are outsiders, if am able to use the beastly Manifestation technique to become a war hero, what stats should I use? From whatever summon I have seen? The lowest? Gm's approval? Any ideas?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

Forgive the ignorance but can you point out where exactly War Hero's are listed as Outsiders? From what I can see they are listed as Humanoid. Admittedly that is still allowed within the bounds of this technique, but worth mentioning.

In any case, from what I have read it would be a specific War Hero, maybe one you've had extensive contact with, rather than any old summon you come up with by yourself. I would work with your GM, explain your intended use and come up with something together. The technique lays out quite clearly what you gain and what you keep. I'd prepare notes or even a second character sheet ahead of time so your not holding up play by copying this down mid session.

Using a War Hero summon doesn't seem to be the intended use of this technique, but honestly it could be a lot of fun. You'll have to post later and share how it went.
Isawa Sezaru
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well by chance I got war hero as blood pact. (because of good saves I had them in my mind as outsiders, Thx for mentioning)
I have more than enough encounters with them and I find it cool that I can fight side by side as war hero. I even met once their champion. So I can copy anything? That's the dilemma. Balance issues. Champion paragon has perfect stats
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

Again in my mind it entirely comes down to what you and your GM decide. If the War Hero champion you are referring to only has 10 hit dice there wouldn't be an issue, as that's your limit. If he's the champion though he's probably got more.

To clarify an earlier point you probably wouldn't get the weapon. Reason being is that you gain the new forms Extraordinary Abilities which are the ones with the (Ex): in their entry. Battle Arsenal does not have that entry, however both Battle Senses and Evasion do, which are awesome.

You may also gain the bonus feats that War Hero's get which are Improved Initiative, and depending on the rank Power Attack and/or Cleave.

Finally if you have a bloodline bear in mind you'll need the appropriate mastery to use it, as they are typically extraordinary or supernatural abilities. Check the entry for more details.

Hope that helps.
Isawa Sezaru
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of taking the weapon or the feats. Battle senses and evasion are the abilities I will copy. And we don't know what stats I should have. We think I will stay with the stats of guardian. It is exactly in the middle, like 10 lvl equivalent.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if that works for you guys go for it. Summons can be quite personalised, especially when you start getting into the Elite and Paragon summons which are quite unique.

Have fun gaming and like I said, let us know how it goes. I'm sure quite a few people (myself included) are intrigued for the outcome.
Naruto d20 Store
Isawa Sezaru
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I was able to find a battle worthy to use beastly Manifestation, and I used the guardian statline from war heroes.
I hate to admit but it is borderline broken. With speed rank 4 I was able to achieve 36 AC at 10 lvl. Gain evasion.
But the biggest advantage is battle senses. So many high lvl techniques are trying to caught you unaware, gaining immunity to this is too much. Also the duration is really great. I could have it running for almost 3 hours with my current Chakra.
I don't know if any other transformation would have such an impact.
Perhaps it's battle senses that are so good.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

First of all, thanks for the feedback! Not often anyone actually takes the time to let us know how the suggestions played out.

Does sound like you've got a decent combination together. It's up to your GM whether the combination is TOO powerful - I would say there are ways and means to still provide a challenge.

If he/she feels it is too strong, but doesn't want to take it away entirely from you, my advice would be as follows:

1) Make it so battle senses can only be used when you are unarmoured. This is less for the armour bonus to Defence, but also for the armour seals you can otherwise have.

2) Since the technique STRICTLY wasn't intended for summons, you could perhaps make it a seperate technique. It means you would be able to change some of the parameters such as:
- reducing the duration to 1 round/level.
- limit it to use 1/day.
- make it cost more chakra to use

You'll have to let us know if you decide to change it any, and if so how it goes.

Happy gaming!

Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: