Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

learn and relevant stats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tykie
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: learn and relevant stats Reply with quote

Hello, I have a quick question concerning Learn Checks, I saw White Knight has this.

https://gyazo.com/6a5542ec5de04507504bdaea0569ee69

And assumed I would of been declined to use WIS for learns as it requires Byakugan,

but the reason he gave is it doesn't state "Use as Relevant Ability Score" Despite earlier stating Ninjutsu uses STR/DEX due to it not stating it doesn't use INT for Damage/Attack rolls while stating it was the "Relevant Ability Score"

And he said I could bring it up the the Creator on what he considered the ruling if I wanted to dispute this.

Any advice/Help?
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your GM is correct.

Gentle Knight states "While his Byakugan is active, he may use his Wisdom modifier instead of his Strength modifier to Taijutsu checks and to determine Taijutsu saving throws DC."

Nowhere does it mention learn checks, or indeed anything other than Taijutsu skill checks and Taijutsu saving throw DCs. Thus, it affects nothing else.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, there is always the Pressure Secrets feat from "Way of the Master" that makes Wisdom or Dexterity your relevant score for Taijutsu techniques.

Pre-requisites might be a bit tough depending on your build, but it will do what you want. Also Kyushojutsu techniques!

Definitely worth a look see.

Kind regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: