Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (Because I Can't Think Of Anything Witty)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silven
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by the SDK thread and the subject of Mumyou Jinpuu, what about Mizuchi? I know it's only one of the *lesser* skills of Mumyou Jinpuu but will it show up in the future?

I liked how it seemed to work in one of your older prestige classes. Granted it took an action point to use, but it was more then well worth it.
Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think archangel said something about it but I'll be more precise.
How about something like a "weapon-mage".
A class which has the ability to channel jutsus through his weapon. Or only specific jutsus. That will really open options for weapon-users. I know ther is this hand seal thing but there must be a way to go around that...
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I please ask why?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's too much trouble and I can't be bothered. And truthfully, I don't like the idea, either.

Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you do agree with the fact that wweapon-weilders will have a lot more to do with themselves right?
Naruto d20 Store
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about more aburame hijutsus, like the one shino used in one of the fillers to create a globe of insects that acted like a barrier ?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be considered.

Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an X-Ray vision jutsu yet?
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a possibility of defensive weapon seals?
Most I've seen are either of general use (like camouflage or whatnot) or offensive.
Maybe something to grant a deflection bonus to defense when fighting defensively or something?
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ath's idea. A couple of defensive seals would be cool.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, I'll give it some thought.

hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that "defensive" seals should go on armour rather than on weapon ... but overall good idea - you read my mind Athildur ^^"
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you use them in weapons, bleach style! If you use them on armors, kinda naruto movie 2 style! Heh.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
deadpoolx
Genin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a table of contents? It's preety pointless since we can just use the search tool, but every D20 book has one and it's very simple to make.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make bookmarks for the book. Use them, or you can go ahead and make me a table of content which you will update every time the pagecount changes, then we'll talk. Neutral

Keeping a technique index is a pain enough as it is, don't even get me started on a table of content/index. When I'm finished with the book, I'll add a table of content to it.

Keep in mind that this is the process of updating: Adding all new techniques, templates, classes, feats and equipment from the update RTF file into the mainfile in alphabetical order, or something resembling it. Then copy-pasting all the techniques in a text file, keeping only the first two lines of each, sorting them by both rank and alphabetical order, cut-and-pasting each and every one of them into the index, which I have come to loathe. And then I start on the bookmarks after putting together all the files that constitute the mainfile.

Keeping that in mind, do I really want to keep a table of content updated after all that sorting? Hell no. And that, ladies and gents, is why sometimes I just can't be bothered to add bookmarks. Because 100-something technique take a LONG time to sort through.

Athildur

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, since I've got nothing to do all day I'll see what I can do about an index for you Razz. Gives me yet one more excuse to read through the whole thing again ^_^.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some technique suggestions:

I loved Douheki no Jutsu! What do you think about creating a greater version of it, and "empowerable"(+X Chakra/Yd6 dmg)?

What About Sakon/Ukon Technique (Or was that a bloodline?) to merge themselves with other people's body?

Are there any chances to see Raiga's Raiton techniques someday?

Also, a suggestion about Sabaku Sousou..."In addiction, this technique always provoques a MAS saving throw...?"Afterall,in the manga it is suposed to be a "instant death technique" doesn't it? No one that took full damage from Sabaku Sousou survived, except for Kimimaro .

There is also something i'd like to see, something about Kamizurui Clan and their techniques (A bug-controler clan from hidden rock that appeared in one of the fillers.). Their Kuchyose was a Giant Bee(New summon perhaps?).

Are there any chances of seeing more Mokuton techniques, like Yamato's Wood Bunshin?

EDIT: BTW, what about some occupations for clans like Nara, Akimichi and Yamanaka?

And one thing i came up with: one of the most dificult part for most players is picking names. In nd20, worst: Japanese names. What do you think of including a list with "common shinobi names" (We have something like it in D&D,player's handbook)? Also, i have a big list that could help you, if you wish!

Thanks for your time!
Blade55440
Jounin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Some technique suggestions:

I loved Douheki no Jutsu! What do you think about creating a greater version of it, and "empowerable"(+X Chakra/Yd6 dmg)?

What About Sakon/Ukon Technique (Or was that a bloodline?) to merge themselves with other people's body?

Are there any chances to see Raiga's Raiton techniques someday?

Also, a suggestion about Sabaku Sousou..."In addiction, this technique always provoques a MAS saving throw...?"Afterall,in the manga it is suposed to be a "instant death technique" doesn't it? No one that took full damage from Sabaku Sousou survived, except for Kimimaro .

There is also something i'd like to see, something about Kamizurui Clan and their techniques (A bug-controler clan from hidden rock that appeared in one of the fillers.). Their Kuchyose was a Giant Bee(New summon perhaps?).

Are there any chances of seeing more Mokuton techniques, like Yamato's Wood Bunshin?

EDIT: BTW, what about some occupations for clans like Nara, Akimichi and Yamanaka?

And one thing i came up with: one of the most dificult part for most players is picking names. In nd20, worst: Japanese names. What do you think of including a list with "common shinobi names" (We have something like it in D&D,player's handbook)? Also, i have a big list that could help you, if you wish!

Thanks for your time!

When it comes to name I use a wonderful place called google Razz

Do a "japanese name generator" search and you'll find quite a few good places to generate names.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have my own ways to find names... I wasn't asking for help, i only tought that could be interesting to help people who aren't that lucky. Besides, it wouldn't take too much space, i guess. But thank you, anyway.^^

EDIT:Besides, another suggestion: (this one could be a pain to make)the power Neji used against Kidoumaru to constantly fill an area around him with chakra, and make ranged attacks to miss their target . New Hyuuga Ryu perhaps?

Last edited by Keldon_Draconian on Wed May 31, 2006 4:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Blade55440
Jounin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
I do have my own ways to find names... I wasn't asking for help, i only tought that could be interesting to help people who aren't that lucky. Besides, it wouldn't take too much space, i guess.

Oh...my bad. That wouldn't be a bad idea honestly...
Athildur

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for occupations for Yamanaka, Nara, and whatnot: That's not really helpful. The other calsn with bloodlines have an occupation because it can grant the bloodline as a bonus feat, and it compensates for the bloodline by allowing less skills to be used as class skills permanently.
If you want some costum abilities...I've got Akimichi, Yamanaka, Nara and Inuzuka clans worked out somewhere on my comp (used it for a campaign of mine). PM me if you wanna take a look.

About Sabaku Sousou: I think a MAS save would be a bit powerful. It already deals a fair amount of damage in addition to being able to disable a limb.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur, it is not so powerfull as it seems to you,if you consider that the target must fail TWO saves (One for Sabaku Kyuu and one fortitude for Sabaku Sousou) in a row in order to suffer full damage. Besides, the DC 15 for a MAS save is not so high compared to some techniques saving throw DC for example. And you must use 2 Techniques to deal full damage. And spending a large (16) amount of chakra. Requires being able to use Sabaku Kyuu and Sand Manipulation. So, i guess it wouldn't unbalance the technique, and it would be more in pair with the anime, dont you think?

EDIT:
Another idea/suggestion (I hope at least one of my ideias interests you...) is creating more techniques of Training: Ninjutsu subtype.
Zyrusticae
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the training techniques. Especially some that emulate Rock Lee's permanent speed and strength ranks through weight training. (Sheesh... that guy is FAST.)
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have any permanent speed ranks. Permanent speed ranks are mostly from epic feats. However, Frankto stated somewhere on techniques chapter that is possible to use weights or similar methods to gain bonus on learn checks. These bonus are up to the GM to determine.
InsertNameHere
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying that it seems like Rock Lee in the manga/anime has permanent speed ranks. Like a possible way to gain them through training.
Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And keldon replied that no, rock lee doesn't have permanent ranks. He just got high dex and str and when he wants to become extra fast (and extra strong) he uses temporary ranks. That's all there is to it. And the weights? Sure... Use them as flavor...
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys incapable of considering flavor in a character? Just because someone doesn't have any taijutsu/speed rank techniques doesn't mean that person is not naturally fast.

Lee is impossibly gifted in taijutsu, even with his weight. He has a -3 penalty to attack, several skill checks, and a penalty to Speed Ranks and movements with his weights--without them, encumbrance goes and he is back to full strength.

Same goes for everyone else--a +20 attack bonus in melee and 26 defense will make you fast anytime, not just when you're using Xdan Kousoku.

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about my previous suggestions, did you enjoy any of them Frankto?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabaku Kyuu and Sabaku Sousou are already powerful as it is, I will not make them more so.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: