Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Introduction and a simple question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dastek
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Introduction and a simple question Reply with quote

First off I'll introduce myself.

I'm 23 years old and live in Richmond, Kentucky. I'm a big Naruto fan and am very happy to have website. I've been looking for a way to make a Naruto RPG setting. As far as role-playing I've only played Dungeons and Dragons. Cause of that I'm well versed in the way D20 works. Because I found this site I purchased the D20 modern handbook and plan on running a Naruto campaign soon.

ATM I have one question and I apologize if I missed it in the manual.

Can you use only one technique a round or can you use more than one (such as when you use heroic surge and action points or a simple free action jutsu then a attack action jutsu)

I'm looking at techniques as spells so thats way I'm wondering. If you can use more than one a round I kinda have mixed feelings about it. Good thing... Ninjas can do a lot cool stuff in one round which would give it a real Naruto feel.

Bad thing... I remember a time as a level 20 half-orc barbarian and got into a battle with two wizards roughly my level. Being the half-orc I am charge in. The wizards happened to be hasted (using #rd Edition rules here) said.. "Let's have some fun with him =)" One wizard goes... "Energy Drain and... Energy Drain again!" Next Wizard.. "Guess what... ENERGY DRAIN!!!... hey he just lost 18 levels..... SUGGESTION! Go sit in a corner and cry! HAHAHA!!!!!"
.....My poor half-orc goes to the corner, gets into a fetal position, puts thumb in mouth and cries..... Crying or Very sad
So you can see why I'm a little paranoid about that lol....
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards.

To answer your question, you can use as many techniques per round as you have actions, as well as one free action-technique, and one instant action-technique. You'll find, I'm certain, that it's much harder in ND20 to be extremely powerful like in D&D. That, and techniques requiring a move-equivalent action rather than an attack action seldom relate to attacking or offensive methods of some sort.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: