Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Soushi is fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Soushi is fun Reply with quote

well, I came back and got latest .pdf
been looking at Soushi...

so, for 2 cp, summon a 1 HD level 1 strong hero nin creature drawn with Ungodly Template, Ghastly Inheritance (Blazing Rage), Cursed Seal 2, Chakra Vampire, equipment including Chakra Armor, poison on its huge claws, soldier pill on its tongue, hunter nin mask, etc.

pay 10 cp to summon 5 of these and they can go up to 10 miles and last for 5 hrs from a level 5 summoner.

beats the heck out of shadow clones!

paint myself a weapon with weapon seals and summon it, and a bloodstone ring, too.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...

Unfortunately, the entry clearly specifies that you can summon a CREATURE, and nothing else. Equipment is therefor not included, nor can you create it seperately. Also, you can't draw up blood lines or other such things.
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

says to see friends and foes chapter. where is that?

what about ogre ("legendary monsters with all their legendary abilities") and ogre has a weapon it comes with.
"he may create any monster he wishes" I'd say that includes a medusa with a cursed seal 2!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the D20 MODERN FRIEND AND FOE CHAPTER (pages 217-284 of your d20 modern core rulebook). You earned your brand.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
HAHA thaT WAS FUNNY!!!

henge!!!!! HAHAHAH! Twisted Evil
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. The bloodline allows you to create a creature as it is listed in the appropriate chapter of the ModernD20 book.

Hence, it does not come with cursed seal, any bloodline, chakra-created or chakra-based weaponry or whatever. Just the basic stats, except perhaps the HD.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad....

Oy, baka, you know what's cool about the Soushi bloodline?

puppeteers, espeically after you use them to control some poor wimpy loser ninja to self destruct after they grappled the enemy.

Medusas, with a DC 15 Fort Save or 1d6 hours of stone.

Troll, with a nice Regenerate stat.

The mind flayer, with it's Mind Blast (Will DC 17 or stunned for 3d4 rounds, long enough to slash him up with sneak attack.)

----

One last note: You are lame, your inventions would be interesting if Frankto hadn't already put such countermeasures in long before, and there are many valid ways to abuse the power given by the Soushi clan.
Stormcrow
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: And by logical extension Reply with quote

And, if you add in either 3.0 or 3.5 D&D monster manuals/other sources, especially Oriental Adventures, you get a wonderful plethora of monsters and demons to create using Soushi, or the origami variant I made using folded rice paper for another bloodline in my campaign. The Me-zu-oni is a great example. Plus, if the creature can use weapons/is intelligent, you could always have larger weapons forged and stored in scrolls to be summoned on command using the storage and release techniques.
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of the puppeteer bugs too, but since they get allegience creator, put one on yourself to get the blindsight and immunity to mental influence and other benefits!
Laughing
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Puddingwraith gets the tilte for most stupid posts made in a row.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, don't reward the idiot for being one.

And I'm not going to comment how stupid it would be to be the thrall of one's own summon. He may not always agree with you.
WOTrombone
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can create unrealistic monsters as it states in teh text then couldnt you thereticoly make a monster with abilys similar to those of Cursed Seal lvl 2? And If you can do hat then couldnt you make a living weapon that is a creature that your creation can wield? My interpretation syas yes. Anyways I'm not to certain on the whole HD part of the Explanation of the Soushi Clan ability. Can the Monster only have 15 HD or is that the most that the ability charges so you coudl have a 30 HD monster and only pay for 15HD?
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....WOT-bonehead....

Read the section. You can only make creatures from a certain section of the book. You don't get to make your own creatures, at least not without GM's approval, which he is free to deny and laugh in your face, baka.

As for HD, that's the cap on how strong it can be. No 30HD creature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: