Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Testing Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drackcove
Chuunin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Testing Game Reply with quote

I want to test this system out a little more, Either i want to join some ones game, as ive only played once useing this system and want to try it from diffrent angles, or will run a short game based on it. As i have not used IRC's before and mostly run games on the giant in the playground website, since i plan to run a game like this IRC i may not completly know what im doing.
phoatu
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could ask one of the current GMs to show you the ropes; or at least tell you where to start; one thing;s for sure; i wanna know where i can find dicebots. I'm sure once you find dicebots then you'll be ble to start a campaign; once you get a room, that is. If you do run a campaign i'd like to join.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoatu wrote:
you could ask one of the current GMs to show you the ropes; or at least tell you where to start; one thing;s for sure; i wanna know where i can find dicebots. I'm sure once you find dicebots then you'll be ble to start a campaign; once you get a room, that is. If you do run a campaign i'd like to join.

Google for online dice rollers. There's one called castle something and you type a character name an roll. After if you search that name, the roll comes up. So just have your characters put their names and roll, and you can search for it.
phoatu
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True; but personally i'd prefer to use a bot roller in IRC; i'm sure most GMs would; they can see the characters roll right there; not only that but it's more convinient to have ther rolls made on the spot.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what an IRC dicebot does, phoatu.
phoatu
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that's what it does; but where does one find one? and how do we put it in? i'd be more than willing to DM my own game if i was able to get a dicebot;there aren't enough GMs running active games (it's either that or there are a WHOLE lot going on that are full)
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's actually quite simple, getting a dicebot.
Once you have a channel, just type:

/invite Dicebotname #channelname

You have dicebots called BoxCars, SnakeEyes, Golem, Cerebus...if you go into the help channel (if you type /list you will get a list of all channels on the server. The help channel should be around there somewhere) you can also ask an op or admin there to help you with dicebots. They know how to work it all.
phoatu
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that alithdur; don't worry, just 'cuz i wanna GM my own game doesn't mean i don't wanna sit-in anymore (i wanna see how a pro does it).

Would getting my own channel be hard? (how would i do so? PM me if it's too lengthy to post or something) Or is there a site that gives the step-by-step?
(specifically the psionics analyre server)
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for the compliment but I'm not sure how much of a pro I am...I'd recommend watching CM's games though. If there was ever a pro it's probably him.

Getting a channel isn't that hard.

Just type /join #channelname, and the channel will be created with you as an op. (You don't need to do this, but when you do you can check if nobody else is in the channel. If the channel isn't empty, you can't register it to yourself, so if you join it first you will be sure of that.)

Then, type /nickserv Register #Channelname Password Description

You can only do this if you have a registered nickname!

To register one's username: /nickserv Register Password Email-adress.

you will need to verify your nickname registration before it becomes valid. From that point on, if anyone logs in (or changes a nickname to) your nick, they will be prompted for the password or the nick will be reset after 60 seconds. (Also applies to you, so don't forget to enter your password when you enter IRC!).

Now, once you've got a registered nick, you can register the channel. There is no need to wait for verification because there is none. Note that Password does NOT make the channel private or anything like that. But you have to give it one anyway.

And that's it. The channel is yours. Only you will be operator. Anyone that enters the channel will simply be a visitor (or an admin, if it's one of the server admins). When you join (while you have your own nick, and password already entered) your channel you will automatically be operator, and thereby in command.
Viladin
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, OpenRPG works great as well for running games. Has its own dice-roller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: